 Administrative / Curators / 386
Re: Curatorship for lugnet.org.it.itlug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:19:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Dan Boger wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:28:49PM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Valid point. However email ought to be used as well, perhaps with a
pointer to the post, we don't necessarily see things asap.

Huh.  I figured you (as the people resp for managing curators) would be
subscribed to this group.

I don't subscribe to any group at all, not even this one... I get way too much
email as it is to subscribe to newsgroups. (and I didn't even think of the
context of being subscribed when I answered before, but I suppose for someone
that subscribes to a lot of groups it's a totally different mindset)

If it occured to me (when making a requst) to
email you, I'd actually avoid it, as I know you dislike getting the same
post twice!

Yes but a mail that had a link to the post, and a statement of member number
isn't the same post twice, is it? It's different.

Learn something new every day :)

Maybe. The key point is that if a person wants a curatorship added/changed
quickly, both Frank and I need to be aware of it and including their member
number is a great kindness... since the curator admin interface is number
driven, it saves us having to go find the user number, which takes a fair bit of
time. I don't know how people feel about keeping their numbers private. (I know
I don't) but if they did, posting with justification but no number, then mailing
a link to the post with the number included might be the best way to address it.

This may be way more discussion already than the topic is worth. BUT...

I am not sure I see the need for posts here unless there is some controversy or
need for community input, and as for a record of who wanted what when, I don't
think this group is complete by any means. Anyone who wants to know who has the
current curatorships need only reference the (web) header of this group, where
the link to the list of current curated groups is given. That's not the same as
history, mind you.

I don't think the interface does an audit log behind the scenes either, although
it certainly might... that's a Todd question.