 Administrative / Curators / 361
Re: admin change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 06:14:03 GMT

<<snip>>

I think I'd also possibly like to grant admin-cancel privileges to one or
two other people, for cases when someone requests that an article of theirs
be cancelled.  Currently, only Suzanne and I have privileges on the server
to do cancel/uncancel articles and I know that I've accidentally let several
requests slip between the cracks over the years.  Same goes for password
resets.[2]

I can do this on GMT-time if the requests are posted to either a SPAM-free
e-mail adress (yeah, right) or a newsgroup (don't know how this works since I
have not needed it myself - *knock on wood*).

<<snip>>

[2] On the other hand, ultimately I think it would be best to eliminate
admin intervention entirely and simply allow you to do it directly yourself.

I'm afraid that would cause less consideration before posting and more confusion
with more canceled posts etc.. It would be good for the admin(s) though. Don't
know if I think this is a good idea or not. Perhaps a possibility to edit posts
are better but that will cause confusion with different versions of a message
going out to the people using news-server and e-mail.

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe