 Administrative / Curators / 117 (-10)
  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

I would like to thank you very much. If you are curator, I thought that I could give you some assistance. I would done the job myself, but I am not a full member, I just lurk and post every once in a while. I have compiled a small list of link (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: How to get link pages made

Suz, where would you like to eat, what Lego Set do you want, and I'll be sending a C note from my next paycheck to be sure. Suz, about the posts this morning. I worked last night and stayed up half the day. I was WAY to tired to be thinking clearly. (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

Yeah! That's the Spirit Rob!!! great! Let's see what the next step would be. I'll be at work all night, so perhaps I'll add your request and send it Admin. Can we see if others are interested that know FTX first? If not, it's all yours. We just need (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: How to get link pages made

(...) The average number of participants in .mecha have no relation to my not having time to make sure its links are up to date. (...) You can be sure it's nothing personal. I don't make any calls as to what 'deserves' to be added. (...) I probably (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) Fair enough. I'm still quite interested in the .build.mecha curatorship. After all, I took it upon myself to do the research needed in order to help keep .build.mecha a comprehensive resource for it's users. I feel I've got the basics of FTX (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) What are the obligations of the curator. If the links just have to be kept up to date, I'm sure I could do it, or learn how. I don't have a site to add (heck, I don't even have any decent mecha to show!), but I'd be happy to help out in any (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) [...] Perhaps one or more of the existing curators who have figured out how it is done can be drafted to write such instructions....? Remember the 3 most important things in management: "delegate, delegate, delegate." --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  How to get link pages made

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys writes: <a bunch of good stuff... thanks. Great analogy to property tax by the way!> I just want to comment on this bit: (...) David: FTX is not that hard to learn to do the basics. It's way way was easier (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) Yes, it's much more work that people might imagine. I have an enormous workload, which unfortunately leaves link updates lower priority than many other tasks. For me, even taking the time to automate recurring tasks, or to assign a task (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) As someone who has tried to keep up a comprehensive links page, I agree that it's way too much work. Most of what I did was done during a period of time where my work responsibilities only filled about 20% of my time. A partial problem also is (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact