 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 841 – 860 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Mail@Kidlug - possible SPAM

(...) Why has this been cross-posted to lugnet.promo - it's completely irrelevant. I call it SPAM. Carbon 60 P.S. Added lugnet.admin.general (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Mail@Kidlug - possible SPAM

(...) I think it's possible that .promo's charter isn't clear. Perhaps it should be stated that it's not a place to promote one's own items, but rather to talk about TLC's promotional items. -Shiri (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Mail@Kidlug - possible SPAM

(...) Simon, Try to cut these guys a little slack. They've put a whole lot of work into getting Kidlug started with not a tremendous amount of positive feedback. They're also somewhat younger and also relatively new to LUGNET. -Tim (URL) timcourtne (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Mail@Kidlug - possible SPAM

(...) I agree that was probably the problem - unfortunately from a NNTP viewpoint it's not that clear. Carbon 60 (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  AOL and lugnet.

Is thier a way to set up Lugnet in AOL's internal newsgroup feature? Rick (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

my messages are getting lost in the verification system. i.e. I sent five messages and only got one verification request. Rose Rose "LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GF40AG.31A@lugnet.com... (...) forged (...) authenticated (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:GF55F7.Bp4@lugnet.com... (...) I have to agree with Mark. We also post via newsreader and this new method of posting will probably drop the number of messages I post. I also have the problem (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Slight change in gateway addressing method

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.general] [This message is also being e-mailed to news-by-mail subscribers] The Quick Summary ===...=== The format of the 'From' lines on news-by-mail messages is improving to be more useful and intuitive. However, it (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: It's almost like Mail Bombing...

(...) The groups gated to mailing lists are the worst for this. (for example lugnet.robotics) There is not much to do about undeliverable mail as a person but I have a canned note saved that suggests that people ought to turn off their subscriptions (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Double-mailings -- notice, apology, and fix

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.general] Whoops -- my apologies if you have received a few double-mailings (if you're subscribed to groups via e-mail). The news-by-mail gateway is set up as a cron job activated every 5 minutes. It wasn't checking (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail

(...) That's correct. In fact, it's running now, and I'm posting this message via e-mail. The 'X-Nntp-Gateway' header of this message should say X-Nntp-Gateway: lugnet.admin.general@lugnet.com (...) Yes, that's 100% possible. And probably pretty (...) (26 years ago, 26-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Please reset my 'From' e-mail address

23 Jan 04 My ISP is dropping the 'startrek.net' server, so my e-mail address will be changing. I've changed it to tw0nst3r@earthlink.net on my Lugnet profile, but it still comes up in message replies '@startrek.net'. Could I ask to please have my (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Help unsubscribing from news by e-mail

Hey! Anyone checking in on this thread? I wrote an e-mail regarding this issue in November and never got a response, so this time I'm not letting it drop. -Duane <snip> (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

Hi all, I have received reports, that news-by-mail was not entirely functional. According to the logs it appears, digests do get sent out, but I cannot easily identify if all subscribers do get updated with what they subscribed for. Can you please (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) And it'd have to be something that can't be easily automated by the poster - this defeats the scheme. I've seen some web pages which generate a bitmap containing a string which isn't easily scanned, and asks you to type the string in to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) A followup thought to this - provide a "confirm my posts" link to the web interface when you are logged on. This would allow use of NNTP to post (I much prefer it due to a variety of interface issues, including size of the area to type the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: News-by-Mail Subscriptions (Sat 28 Nov 1998)

I scan these posts, but not in detail. I keep meaning to subscribe by e-mail to the loc.*, but never take the time... Steve (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: member packets (continued)

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in news:Gq3r6t.9yF@lugnet.com: (...) I have to point out that I am member 1206, and I was promised that packet... (...) It would have been nice to have received notification of this via the lugnet e-mail (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

This is really annoying and is impacting my posting frequency. Since I use a cable modem, I'm always posting from the same IP address. Is there any way to enter an IP address as "authorized" to be myself? If that won't work, how about making it so (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

(...) Shaun, I don't know if this helps but you can set up multiple posting accounts with LUGNET. You would fill out the setup on each computer and use the appropriate E-mail that would come to that computer. This way each computer has a cookie on (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.408)

More:  Next Page >>