 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 821 – 840 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Inline authentication is used with success in some mailing list packages for moderating lists, but what worries me most about inline authentication is how easy it would be to accidentally cc someone when posting via e-mail (for example, if you (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) OK, cool. Thanks. I still want to receive the messages at my e-mail address, so I've tried to re-subscribe to my usual newsgroups using the same e-mail. I select the group, select the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Membership problem

(...) Sorry about that...please disregard (in your case). It's not actually saying you've been a member for 221 days, but that your application was accepted 221 days ago. (You aren't a member until payment is received and the membership is (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-mail hyperlinks on LUGNET

(...) I tried making Outlook Express as my default Mail and it has no problems. So the problem is with the config of Outlook 2K. Does anybody else use Outlook 2K for email and IE 5.5? If so, do you have this problem? (...) Good, I am glad I was (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Mail posting (was Re: Unable to connect via NNTP)

Dan Boger wrote in message ... (...) your (...) This was when I tried to send back the email confirmation notice. The mail did eventually go through and the posting appeared (tto late to do any good by that time). (...) suggest (...) It's not a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail

(...) Hmm, so if there were a checkbox saying "give my e-mail address to lego- related mailing list servers so that my messages posted here can be allowed to show up there as well," would that suffice? Say, do mailing list servers allow people to be (...) (26 years ago, 26-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) LEGO announcements group. Is awareness of the group still too low, or is the interface for mail subscriptions still too confusing? (It was designed for efficiently managing large numbers of groups simultaneously, but not for managing groups (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) ?? Wouldn't it show up in their mail on the day it actually got posted rather than the day it was sent, queued up and was intended to be posted? A mail interface person who didn't closely check the date on the mail, or a newsreader person (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail

(...) I think that might be ok. Because the person sending the message to the e-mail list might not necessarily even care about whether LUGnet accepted the message. Just like if a list-recipient's mailbox were full or otherwise not accepting mail -- (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-Mail Confirmations Working?

(...) I think you need to root out your need to plumb the depths with these puns. Do you think you're the alpha-mail of punning or something? Why sink to this non stainless level? And to the wrong group no less. I'm not your garbage disposal. Stop, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

Todd, Thanks very much. No lugnet mail since the weekend :-) Cheers, Steve "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:HEHots.1y3E@lugnet.com... (...) When (...) send (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Not getting e-mail from Lugnet?

(...) I'm asking the server to re-send any outgoing news messages by mail that it tried to send during the past 8-9 hours or so (about 200 messages). You may get two copies of something from way earlier today or just recently -- I apologize for the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  contacting me via e-mail

I heard from Todd that there's been a problem with our e-mail forwarding. This is being corrected but, for the time being, be sure to include non-lugnet addresses such as: suz(at)baseplate.com or minifig(at)mac.com when contacting me. those are (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Screwy email for Server

(...) yah, proper "vacation" programs should know not to respond to "bulk" mail. Unfortunately, some of the more common implementations are not so smart. (...) that is because that mail server (I think it's exchange?) does not reply to mail (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

Hello Ross, hello everybody, (...) Can one of you set me straight: I assume the attacker has no access to my email account. How could he, then, automate an email reply I have to send in order to make my post valid? As for a minimum amount of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Lifetime Membership

Hi. I signed up for a LUGNET lifetime membership a couple of weeks ago in the name of Daniel Mattia. All my information was correct. I still have not recieved a confirmation e-mail, or any e-mail from LUGNET. I do not know the address to send my (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) I was comparing other mail subscriptions... (URL) subscriptions climb very slowly...(too slowly sometimes)... --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: Group in Subject: Header for News-by-Mail

(...) I suppose I've never thought about actually using mail to *reply* to news. . .yes, it would look really ugly if a user did that, and yes, a user would do that. . . (...) And potentially it could do bad things (probably not, but things have a (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  Re: What happened?

(...) Which mailing list? I'm looking in the lugnet.com server logs for outgoing mail, and it's still sending out news by e-mail. I'm also still receiving digests daily. However, someone else wrote and mentioned that their mail had stopped. By (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

  .rcx alternative firmware group/list

(...) John and several other people are set up with the new group and successfully posting to it, so this info is for anyone else: lugnet.robotics.rcx is a newsgroup running on the lugnet.com newsserver and it is available via e-mail as (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.409)

More:  Next Page >>