 Administrative / NNTP / 1063
Re: Mail posting (was Re: Unable to connect via NNTP)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:36:39 GMT

Dan Boger wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Kevin Wilson writes:
I'm now getting errors when I *send* messages too... of the ones I sent
yesterday, several took a long time to appear and one never got through at
all - I got this message back:

[snip]

Dan?

correct me if I'm wrong, but you're trying to send a message via mail, not
via nntp, right?  from what you posted it seems like your mail server was
not able to look up the correct DNS entry for LUGNET (Failed MX lookup; try
again later).  I have to assume this is a transient problem in your (or • your
ISP's) setup - I see no problem looking up LUGNET's MX record from any
number of external servers.

This was when I tried to send back the email confirmation notice. The mail
did eventually go through and the posting appeared (tto late to do any good
by that time).

not sure if there's anything I can help you with on this end, except • suggest
you ask your mail server admin why it's bouncing mail after only one day...

It's not a final bounce, I guess just a delay warning.

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002
Hospital 2396 piece kit - only one left!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
The Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): http://www.bricksmiths.com
Personal Lego Web page: