 Administrative / NNTP / 1057
Re: Unable to connect via NNTP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 01:14:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Chris Magno writes:
Have any of you tried running a traceroute
(tracert at the commandline on Windows) to see if there is a router delay
somewhere or if there are a lot of hops between you and the Lugnet server

I just did a quick tracert to news.lugnet.com and all seemed well.  it
took about 14 hops with an average time of about 40 ms between jumps.

Sorry, I do not know how to cut and paste from a dos prompt.  :(

In 2000 (at least) I think you can use your mouse to mark the area, then
just hit enter and it should be in your cut buffer

For NT or 98, you may have to first click on the upper left corner of the
dosbox window (the icon), select edit from the dropdown and use Mark to get
it started, then drag your area and then select copy from the same menu.
(but I'm not so sure about that part)

You can also try redirecting output, for example this works for me to get it
into a text file that I can bring up in notepad and copy from

tracert news.lugnet.com >tracert.txt

Hope that's of some help, good luck with your woes.