 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 21 – 40 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading

(...) I really don't think it's worth the time to work around it -- only to weed out non-compliant mailers in a consistent and reliable way. If someone is using a broken newsreader or mailer that doesn't put in the right headers, tough cookies for (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet, mail, service
(score: 1.304)

  Broken mailers which mess up threading

This broken thread garbage has got to stop. Example: (2 URLs) countless other examples in the .loc.au group.) The question is, how do I detect this broken mailer that Ben's using? It reports itself as: X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2448.0) (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

internet, mail, service
(score: 1.300)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Rene: Firstly, much thanks for all the hard work you're putting into LUGNET, and into working on modernizing the home page. Prior to becoming a full time "LEGO guy", I worked for 10 years in the internet industry doing what's often called "web (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

internet, mail
(score: 1.279)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J1Bv8v.I56@lugnet.com... (...) Actually since you're handling the mailing lists, why not consider changing things so that they better suit the current situation. What I mean is this: (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 1.230)

  Re: LUGNET is moving servers once more

HI JERRY HAVE U EVER HEARD FROM PERRON SITE I STILL AM UNABLE TO SEE SCANS I WROTE THEM ONCE TOO BUT E MAIL NO LONGER WORKED let me know if theres any news happy new year by the way (4 years ago, 26-Dec-20, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.224)

  Re: LUGNET is moving servers once more

(...) hi jerry i just read u mesage so the problem was just the old hardaware server that cause problems and thats why that message in lugnet.com thanks fore clearing that out But i still dont understand why i cant download lego instructions at (...) (4 years ago, 1-Nov-20, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.218)

  Re: LUGNET is moving servers once more

(...) hi jerry i just read u mesage so the problem was just the old hardaware server that cause problems and thats why that message in lugnet.com thanks fore clearing that out But i still dont understand why i cant download lego instructions at (...) (4 years ago, 1-Nov-20, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.218)

  Re: LUGNET is moving servers once more

(...) Hi jerry then please let me know as soon as u can get a hold on the admin or team of peeron maby the problem was there for a weeks and no one ever seen it . i hope they can fix it i wrote as mentioned to scans@peeron.com but e mail kept (...) (4 years ago, 1-Nov-20, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.218)

  Re: LUGNET is moving servers once more

(...) Hi jerry then please let me know as soon as u can get a hold on the admin or team of peeron maby the problem was there for a weeks and no one ever seen it . i hope they can fix it i wrote as mentioned to scans@peeron.com but e mail kept (...) (4 years ago, 1-Nov-20, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.218)

  Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

(...) Don't know 'bout that. But I have things set up to view threads expanded which works nice. However, I do dislike Gravity because I cannot sort by thread as a secondary sort parameter. If I want to sort by subject and also follow the thread I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail, service
(score: 1.185)

  Re: Intermittent Outage Notification: Lugnet Server Move

All, if you are reading this, you will have made it to the new Lugnet server. We are not quite there yet, but things are working reasonably well, therefore I am keeping this machine online and will be fixing stuff as we move along. Posting via the (...) (10 years ago, 6-Mar-15, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.180)

  Re: Change in News Display Behavior

(...) Hi Todd, yes correct, I only took out the Author field from the message display and the "name" field from the list view - however you seem to have spotted at least one more place that I have not covered, so I'll probably spend some more time (...) (10 years ago, 15-Dec-14, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.167)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Hmm, I think it's actually both peoples issue to solve. SPAM is a real problem, but I have seen several providers take a lazy way out. Remember when Lugnet was incorrectly put on SPAM black lists? If it was only Lugnet's responsibility to (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 1.070)

  DNS outage, service restored

My apologies to everyone who was unable to reach the server for the better part of the past day. I had thought the lugnet.com domain had been renewed through 2005, but it actually was up for renewal this year, with expiry on January 18. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

internet, service
(score: 1.067)

  New newsgroups for LEGO moviemaking, still photography, and HTML

Three new subgroups of lugnet.publish have just been created. Some of these are long overdue. Accordingly, the breadth of the main .publish group has been scaled back slightly. Legal issues are still part of the main .publish group (i.e., not their (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.publish)

internet, mail, service
(score: 0.961)

  Re: Intermittent Outage Notification: Lugnet Server Move

All, please be advised that posting to LUGNET via Email is currently DISABLED due to an issue with the mail-authentication mechanism. Please use the web frontend to post messages. Thank you. Thanks, Jerry (10 years ago, 7-Mar-15, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.947)

  Re: Message awaiting authentication

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hp86w5.wHy@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Google Groups is a web interface for NNTP. NNTP stands for Network News Transfer Protocol - if you're posting in a newsgroup - or "forum/community/etc." (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail, service
(score: 0.936)

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) I beg to differ on this...I have NO control over whether messages appear threaded...The software I use is MS Outlook. From this, the message goes to a MS Exchange server. It is this that causes the problem. Unfortunately, this piece of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

internet, mail, service
(score: 0.923)

  Updates to set 4899

This was a promotional item they were giving away free with a purchase at the Lego Store. It's a bag item in Lego CITY themed packaging with the following notations: Ages/edades 5-12 ---...--- 4899 ---...--- Cont. 28 pcs/pzs ---...--- Building Toy (...) (14 years ago, 5-Jul-10, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.902)

  Request for New Animation Newsgroup

Following BrickFest there have been some conversations in the BrickFilms.com forum concerning the presence of “LEGO Animation” on the LUGNET site. Several folks were surprised to find that there actually is a newsgroup devoted to this topic at (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.animation)

internet, service
(score: 0.882)

More:  Next Page >>