 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1601 – 1620 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: List of Curators?

(...) Yes, the plan was/is to have the curator put their name in the yellow sidebar of the main page for their area. If they also want it to be an e-mail link, or a link to their member page, that's great but not required. I've told people this (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: edventures spam

(...) Lugnet isn't spam free, although I *think* it's set up to discourage robots and other automated creepy crawlies. Anyone harvesting from Lugnet would have to at least subscribe, and grab the e-mail addys from message headers. This takes out a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Still spammin!

(...) Popfile isn't a spam filter per se, but a dynamic, learning Email categorizer. In other words, you make up several Email categories (for example mine are Lego, Personal, Spam) and it sorts your mail into the respective categories. If it get a (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: A Change

(...) Even if that had been the intent, it would always hold the possibility of backfiring. I've been a read-only lurker for almost two years now, and every once in a while I'd e-mail someone a response to their LUGNET post if I felt it was (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) What it it were (optionally) as simple as *zero* clicks -- automatically turned on or off based on subnet? That's how I think things like 'From:' line selection should default (for people who have two e-mail addresses that they post from). If (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: SWM AFOL in Boston seeking SF

(...) I don't have anything to add. (...) If you have something to say to me only, the most effective way to do that is to send it through private e-mail. By the way, I don't appreciate you calling Lenny and Tim lackeys. (...) Lenny misunderstood in (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  posting setup

(...) That's a really good point. We should make this a lot easier to find. (...) This would be ideal. All the sign-up and set-up stuff is sorely overdue for a rework. I'll be giving this some serious attention in May when I get back from San (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading

(...) This Larry? Can you post the URL, I will take a look at it and tell you what the circs were. I make it a practice not to reply via email EVER but always use the web (or very rarely, NNTP via NS comm 4.7 from my home PC) to reply. (...) I don't (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: posting failure?

(...) You e-mailed the .DAT file to lugnet.cad.dat@lugnet.com then? Veddy veddy odd...it hasn't shown up in the ng, and it doesn't appear in the dead- articles file (the rejects file) on the server. It's as if it never made it to the server. Do you (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

In support of the recent cross-posting FAQ entry: (URL) recommend that: 1. a note be added to the new post script ((URL) under the "Post To: and Request Followups To:" boxes in red warning against multiple posts, with a link to this FAQ (opens in a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Todd: Can't reply to any group

Sorry! PS-I'm reading Lugnet groups in Netscape 4.5 on a Mac Clone PowerCenter 150 with a G3 upgrade card. If that helps. SteveC remove penalty to mail me (URL) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) point releases generally don't add much functionality. I'm running 4.04 and easily generate the below, so certainly 4.03 has the capability as well, when used to do news or mail. So maybe there's another reason? But like I said, sigs are small (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

To All, I think a divided up auction, for different themes, might be a good way to approach this subject. (I subscribe to auctions via e-mail, BTW) If I am only interested in Space items, I can go into market.auctions.space, or just subscribe to it. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Apology for my email by Kieran Brady

"Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:FuG6wB.KH@lugnet.com... (...) there's (...) it', (...) might (...) sender's (...) be (...) I (...) that's not (...) lets (...) that (...) see (...) used (...) but (...) Would setting up a (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.space)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Authenticating Posts is a real Pain

I agree with Dave on this, it would be easier if the news server required password authentication instead of having to reply to every post that I make via e-mail. Troy "David Stonestreet" <rockroad@-takeout-mac.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Problem posting by email to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto

(...) Same here when posting to any of the groups I post to for the past week, in fact, I even had this response when I attempted to mail my issue to admin@lugnet.com. If you can see this - then I can still post through the web. Danny (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: 2 x Armada Flagship = Armada Warship

(...) It may be a function of which groups you hang out in, if you mostly hang out in the market groups (not saying you do), you won't see the chiding (my word for the day) that goes on by vigilantes (yesterday's word) as much. We all like to be (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: curator

(...) Thanks, Mike! Looks great. I know you know this already, but... your artwork is *so* awesome! How could anyone resist mousing over that?! You should give yourself a credit for it somehow. maybe some tiny text under the last HR? I honestly (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  New newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms

A new newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms has just been created for discussions, questions, and issues relating to the LUGNET Terms of Use Agreement, (URL) the surface, it seems kind of silly to have a whole newsgroup/mailing list devoted just to a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Off-topic messages (was: Re: The Minifig Generator??)

Todd Lehman (lehman@javanet.com) wrote: [ ideas about a system with "mentors" ] It sounds like a pretty good idea. I wouldn't mind being mentor from time to time. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk -- -- Web...: (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>