 Gaming / BrikWars / 280
Re: curator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
MIKE:

Duuude, you are now the curator of this area.

Thanks, Mike! Looks great.

I know you know this already, but... your artwork is *so* awesome! How could
anyone resist mousing over that?! You should give yourself a credit for it
somehow. maybe some tiny text under the last HR?

I honestly don't know what's in the curator FAQ, or if there even is one... So,
here's a few other suggestions to mull over. Some of these are picky, and none
are required:

- perhaps add a link to that post, of looong ago, where Shaun Sullivan did a
kind-of Q&A thing that ended up being like a BW FAQ for newbies. ...you remember
it? It had a nice welcoming spirit.

- It's appreciated if curators give their name and contact info at bottom of
page. A garbled e-mail address is fine. (You can always forward it to one of
your minions.) I never get any mail via these, BTW.

- This one's picky, I know... When linking out to an important site, I usually
call it, "The official home of X," or, "The official X website." Just to be
user-friendly.

- Maybe, somehow, include links to BW-active LUGs(?) or a particularly amazing
LUG's announcement made w/in the newsgroup? I like the sidebars to include links
within LUGNET, as appropriate. Think of it as an opportunity to mention
something not already obvious on your website.

---------
Don't forget: you can add underlying pages and directories by simply pretending
to go to a non-existant area. Like so: /brikwars/jarjar and click "make page".
Yes, this means you can have secret pages. But most people use them for
additional data. Like, tables, schedules, or polls ...to rate "the coolest
LUG-BW games of all time," or to ask, "What new rules should Mike write next?"
;-) or, a photo album of The Goriest Deaths (must include Shaun's horse crushed
by boulder). I'm just joking now. I'm sure your site probably has all kinds of
cool stuff like that already. I think you even have your own FAQ (?).

Lastly, If you really don't want to do this, but someone else in this newsgroup
does (or no one does), just LMK. My recent picking on you only came about
because I happened through this area and was surprised to see it blank.

IMO, -gaming- is a huge aspect of LEGO fandom. even bigger than trains!
:-)