 Administrative / Curators / 36
Re: List of Curators?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Dan Boger writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.curators, Andy Lynch writes:
Greetings.
Are there plans to have a page showing all of the members that have been
given curator status and for which groups there are already curators
assigned?
Just curious to see which members of the community have stepped up to take
on some of the burden.

This might be a fair bit of work for Suz to pull together but I agree it
would be useful to know if one's "petition" was accepted or not. Not sure
that benefit outweighs the cost.

I think eventually, each newsgroup should say who's the curator for it is.
Then again, perhaps it should part of the curators job to update the page,
saying who's done it. :)

Yes, the plan was/is to have the curator put their name in the yellow sidebar of
the main page for their area. If they also want it to be an e-mail link, or a
link to their member page, that's great but not required.

I've told people this privately, but not yet gotten to writing a brief public
how-to. I will. I'll also pick up the backlog of requests to be curators.

I considered making a public master list of active curators, but couldn't think
of a reason for it that would justify its slightly invasive flavor. Any comments
on that are welcome.

-Suz