 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1541 – 1560 of 2225.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: succession strategy if catastrophe

(...) All right, good enough then. Let's start with the most important stuff -- all the news messages and the sets DB. I'll make tarballs of these and e-mail you (and Larry, assuming he's interested) with details about where to grab them from. Or if (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Can you say *** on Lugnet?

(...) If it isn't anonymous (ie - LUGNET reads the posting cookie, or the person submitting the problem post has some other form of identification), and only one mail is sent per problem post.. then I agree. Or rather, just something to stop someone (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) but what do you do if it is broken? reject it? that's not so friendly - basicly you're saying that you're not allowing people to use eudora with the mail interface... :/ dunno what you can do though - no really good way of know what the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Newserver Help (!)

Dan, thanks. I've emailed you as well. Please remove yankeejason <AT> comcast.net from all lugnet email subscriptions. If you need a list of groups i'm subscribed to, please mail me. Thanks again, and appologies once again for wasting newsgroup (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) #1 How would the user know there was a problem? #2 Assuming the user knows there's a problem, how can he possibly fix it if he doesn't control the mail server (or the ISP, or whever the block is occuring)? Asking that HE change his email (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

Update: Here's some sample input/output going down one currently-favored path... The details of the content in this sample aren't important (it's just a personal e-mail with some ramblings) but the makeup of it is important... I wanted to grab (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Slight Mixup on Spotlight Page.

What is the possibility of emailing the spotlight out? I too prefer using a news reader. With a spotlight in my inbox I can jump from my mail to my news. -Nick Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Group coalescing (was: Re: It's time to get rid of my Technic Collection)

(...) Oopsy, I almost forgot -- I know the answer to the second part of that question... Yes, the News-by-Mail facility has the collapsing/coalescing property. In fact, since all the mailing list messages sent by the server come to you at a single (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: LUGNET getting too complex?

(...) while this is a workaround and not a solution to the problem you're pointing out, is to read lugnet either with NNTP or through the news-by-mail. Both will only show you a message once, no matter how many groups it's crossposted to. :) Dan (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

(...) Well I think this is a good point maybe the statement should read more like this.. (Using Larry's statement as a starting point) "Sending unsolicited BULK e-mail using addresses obtained via any unapproved mechanism on LUGNET is a TOS (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Suggestions for posting articles using web interface

(...) OK -- changepoint here tonight: Beneath the editing window, there are now two buttons -- "Preview" and "Post." (And "Post" has the additional option of the e-mail checkbox.) Also, like the FTX page-editing cycle, the preview page also includes (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Hey Todd

Thanks, I must have mis-read something. More than likely I will be sending $10 a month. 8) Tim, did you get my e-mail I sent thanking you for your help? -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. who supports things he believes in. "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)

(...) Some people subscribe to LUGNET newsgroups in the mailing list mode, and receive all the newsgroup messages in their e-mail. If they go on vacation they will set up their vacation message but may not realize that it will be seen by people who (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Membership

(...) A point to note (to any reading, not just the thread participants), it used to be that in order to get your sign in password, you had to wait for the mail to arrive, as it was printed there, and Todd wasn't keen on sending it out by email. (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) I like this suggestion. If the message isn't dispositioned within 5 days (I like 3 better) send the entire text of the message back to the sender via e-mail and remove it from the server. The message could easily be reposted via newsreader if (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Edit suspended posts

Edit suspended posts: (URL) and subsequent posts... a desire to allow an edit my message button to the posting approval form (for mail/news posts I think... you already have "preview" for web posts) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  New posting rules for members?

I'm a paid member of lugnet & in recent posts I've had to check whether or not I've read tearms/conditions, then fill in my name & e-mail address before replying or posting new messages. Previously I clicked on 'Reply' or 'new' icon & immedeately (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) What Tim said. Basially exactly. (Thanks, Tim!) (...) I'm not as good at communication as I'd like to be, especially in the past four months (returning to having a day job), so there's always room for improvement. The main reason I bought a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  New newsgroups for product line years

A new newsgroup hierarchy for focused discussion of product line years has been created. Many thanks to Frank Filz for coming up with this idea several months ago. As information about the upcoming 2001 product line becomes available, please feel (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: CFD: robotics sub-groups

(...) As you (may or may not) know, every lugnet.* newsgroup automatically has its own integrated mailing-list gateway. (For example, lugnet.trains@lugnet.com is the mailing list isomorphic to the lugnet.trains newsgroup.) While redundant echoes of (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>