 Local / Australia / 5776
Re: Membership
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 10:22:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Craig Roberts writes:
Thanks Dave and Kerry for your replies.
Dave i agree with you that Lugnet is fantastic value without an ID card i
was just wondering if they still sent anything thats all otherwise i am very
happyb with Lugnet i was not having a go at them.

A point to note (to any reading, not just the thread participants), it used
to be that in order to get your sign in password, you had to wait for the
mail to arrive, as it was printed there, and Todd wasn't keen on sending it
out by email. However I believe that policy has changed, and if you are one
of the folks that is waiting for a packet and doesn't have a password yet,
drop Todd a line and see. (I could be wrong...)

Having a password is a good thing because you can sign in. Signing in is a
*great* thing because you can create your own FTX pages (for instance, the
very useful LUGNET FAQ is an FTX page: http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/ , as
is the very useful acronym guide: http://www.lugnet.com/~88/acronym_faq/ ,
both are member created thanks to the very hard work of LUGNET members Cary
Clark and Shiri Dori (and the many contributors of information) ), rate (and
inventory your holdings of) sets in the database, highlight posts as
significant and other neat things.

So being a member is a good thing and being signed in is even better. Hope
that helps.

++Lar