 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1501 – 1520 of 2225.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Question about posting

(...) Lessee if I can remember... I _had_ been staying logged in, and when I posted, I had to fill out name and e-mail, check the "I will give LUGNet my firstborn" box (or whatever it says). Plain or FTX worked fine. (I'm guessing that I hadn't (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) It's fun there. Clever riffing = good times, is what I always say. (...) Listen, I fully disclosed... I can't help it if you don't read your mail or hate the TRUTH. JOHN (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I don't want to get into the whole "if you and Suz say you really want someone to do something that doesn't necessarily mean they have to do it or become persona non grata around LUGNET" issue because, to some extent, I don't think it's worth (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) I think they're missing the first year or so of RTL and the first two years or so of ATL. But even if you could go back and check those definitively, what do you do about people who lurked for along time first (and maybe still participated, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

(...) The original announcement was so that other would know about the event. [There are a lot of users/lurkers who don't look at the .loc groups.] Because I use a mail server, I was unable to set future/follow-up, and so the reply to my post went (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: clarifying/reminding users of "the rules" [Re: Help Wanted]

(...) Good point there. I was mainly thinking that perhaps the curators could be empowered to at least be able to make the first "friendly" reminder. Because of the need for consistent policy though, I would not want them to do anything more than (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

"Allan Johansen" <f2k@chaotica.dk> wrote in message news:IJxH0E.110r@lugnet.com... (...) die (...) I disagree. I think NNTP is a underappreciated technology by most people. Reading content via a News Reader is as simple as reading e-mail. I really (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: posting failure?

(...) What web browser are you submitting this from? I'll hafta mess around and try to recreate the problem. I think BramL was having the same problem a few weeks ago...but I think that was a Juno e-mail problem. In the meantime, try e-mailing the (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  New newsgroup lugnet.market.jambalaya

[Followups set to lugnet.market.jambalaya] A new newsgroup lugnet.market.jambalaya has just been created. For background information on how this came to be, please see the thread: (URL) lugnet.market.jambalaya (group): Discussion and planning for (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Renaming Gaming group

Earlier today, the groups lugnet.football and lugnet.publish.cinema were renamed to lugnet.sports and lugnet.animation, respectively. Assuming no further problems arising between now and a few hours from now[1], I'm going to also tackle renaming (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.gaming)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  New newsgroup lugnet.loc.eu

A new wide-spanning newsgroup for LEGO enthusiasts in Europe (European Union and European countries) has just been created. This will help minimize massive crossposting in the case of wide topic discussions such as a European LEGO Fest. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.ee, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.hu, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.ru, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.sk, lugnet.loc.si, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.tr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.il)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

(...) Even if Todd implemented a "DAT file only" view of each of these groups on the web site? Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) Well, short of slurping all the old ATL and RTL posts, and automatically assigning lugnet id's based on the oldest post from each e-mail id, it sounds pretty reasonable to me. As long as you randomized the exact numbers after the selection (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)

(...) which brings me to another idea I've been playing with - a lugnet/ICQ portal... instead of getting messages through the mail, or through NNTP, have them appear in your icq client... either set up a user for each newsgroup you're subscribed to, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: having problems

(...) There is no confirmation code associated with posting messages. Perhaps you are confusing posting with receiving? (There is a confirmation code on signing up for news-by-mail delivery.) What did you fill out in the news-posting setup form? (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Announcing new set database

(...) Hakan, After you fill out the enrollment form, (URL) server will later send a confirmation e-mail which will include the mailing address. --Todd (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: http://linux.corel.com/products/wp8/download.htm

(...) isn't it? sorry all, meant to sent the note to myself, and didn't notice that netscape defaulted to post instead of mail... now where's that ability to delete your postings... :/ FUT elsewhere... hmmm.... admin.nntp :) Dan (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: E-mails due to Lugnet inventories

(...) If it does not have an link to some site selling things or an offer it can't be traditional spam so I'd e-mail him back and ask. Sounds like a big misunderstanding, probably due to lack of language skills. /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Problem with Password page?

(...) I think I have an idea how we can automate this: you fill out a forgotten-password form, and the server sends a confirmation e-mail to you containing a special URL which would be valid for a day or so, after which it would expire. You click on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Real Names vs. X-Real-Life-Name

(...) ^^^...^^^ Here. (...) Well, I'm reading this through the NNTP (i.e. "News" or "UseNet") side of things, and the realname-part of his mail address is "BrikTrak.com" instead of his real name (as the fieldname implies). Most newsreaders use this (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>