 Administrative / NNTP / 1445
1444  |  1446
Subject:
Real Names vs. X-Real-Life-Name
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 13:23:20 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Could you clarify what you mean by that? When I look at the post in web view
this is what I see on the header:

- start -
Re: Top secret project - we need your help
Author:
Richard Morton
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 21:36:07 GMT
From:
"BrikTrak.com" <rjmorton@AT4imprintNOSPAM.com> •      ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Here.
- end -

His name is right there in plain view after 'Author:' Where else do you want to
see his name???

Well, I'm reading this through the NNTP (i.e. "News" or "UseNet") side
of things, and the realname-part of his mail address is "BrikTrak.com"
instead of his real name (as the fieldname implies).

Most newsreaders use this (standard) feature instead of the (Lugnet
only?) X-Real-Life-Name field for displaying the originators name, or to
quote it in replies. "BrikTrak.com" is neither the autor of the post,
nor is"BrikTrak.com wrote:" a nice start for a reply.

HTH, Christian