 Administrative / NNTP / 24
Re: having problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:34:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frances Schroeter writes:
Todd,
Scream at me if you have to, if I have posted this message to the wrong
place. I am unable to post a new message to lugnet.loc.au. I have entered
my confirmation code, but nothing has happened. What have I forgotten to
do, or what am I doing wrong?
Frances

There is no confirmation code associated with posting messages.  Perhaps you
are confusing posting with receiving?  (There is a confirmation code on
signing up for news-by-mail delivery.)

What did you fill out in the news-posting setup form?

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

Looking at the dead-articles file on the server, I see a message that you
did try to post to lugnet.loc.au -- your newsreader's setup in that case
does not match what you used to post this message.  You've got two names
separated by an ampersand (&) in the case of the rejected message.  Probably
what you want to do is fill out the setup form for the other address, or
simply use the same one in both cases.

--Todd