 Administrative / NNTP / 26
Re: having problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:12:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Luis Villa writes:
Are you sure the problem is on her end?

Yes, positive.

Both Rossz Vamos-Wentworth and I
have had problems sending mail to the robotics.rcx.legos newsgroup this
morning. I'm sending from a different client (though the e-mail address is
still correct) so
that may be causing my problem, but that still doesn't explain Rossz's...
anyway, just a heads up...

I see a message from you in the dead-articles file on the server.  It was
rejected because of a 'From:' header mismatch -- looks like you put in your
email address but you accidentally omitted you name.  In Rossz's case, I don't
see any record of his having signed up for posting[1], although I do see his
having subscribed to that group for email delivery.

--Todd

[1] http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/