 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1321 – 1340 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) My personal view/wish: I think the whole .bst/.auction area should be replaced with theme-specific market groups. Little advertised fact: not everyone on LUGNET is a generalist! I do not read .bst or .auction despite knowing that I'll be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:3aa34df1.136496...net.com... (...) Hmmm. I tend to think it's generally a good idea, but are people gonna use it? I think you're still gonna get general Lego ranting & raving in .general, but (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Woah that's one heck of a CC: list up there! Funny, one of which I subscribe too (announce).. and I don't believe that one accepts replies? Todd Lehman wrote: <SNIP lots of message :) > (...) Does debate not fit this area already? I'm unsure as I've (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Todd: (...) Why not. (...) Probably a good idea. Your arguments for it make sense. (...) I don't really read the market groups, but if it makes it easier to get people to keep market posts in the market groups, them I am all for the change. (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Ok, some initial thoughts.... I was opposed to a .rant type group earlier, I now see that it could be valuable. One question though is how to get the ranting to move there. I don't think we can eliminate initial rants in response to an announcement, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Who hosts lugnet.com?

I use pair for the Nugator Company as well. They have verry good customer service and an extensive selection of options. Youu can run Perl PHP and anumber of other web langues and they have mysql databases aviable at no extra charge. Their Rates are (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.278)

  Who hosts lugnet.com?

A friend of mine just bought a domain name (shafted.org, isn't it cool?!) and we're looking for a good web page hosting service. Which company hosts lugnet? I saw someone mention their name, but I couldn't find the reference again. Thx :) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) pine? Netscape mail? man, I'd expect you to be a mutt person (www.mutt.org) - completely text based, superior power, IMAP over SSL, and whatnot... it even has a NNTP patch! combined with a good spamfilter (www.spambouncer.org), you're all set (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Change in e-mail address

(...) That's a setting in your newsreader...refer to its docs. To ask the LUGNET NNTP server to being accepting messages from you from a new or different address, simply fill out the news-posting setup form again with your new address: (URL) to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) What Tim said. Basially exactly. (Thanks, Tim!) (...) I'm not as good at communication as I'd like to be, especially in the past four months (returning to having a day job), so there's always room for improvement. The main reason I bought a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.278)

  Searching Lugnet web sites

Hi, I'm wondering how (or perhaps why not) I search or browse through member created web pages? It looks like the facility for users to create their own pages on lugnet is excellent (good job guys!) yet I could not find a good way to find other (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.277)

  Re: New Scala sets

(...) Hi Frank, no more need to use your scanner as I also got a Belville set this weekend and uploaded the new sets to www.brickset.com . Simply use the direct link if you only need the new Scala images: (URL) entire 2001 section is constantly (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.scala, lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 0.277)

  Re: group request castle.ninja

(...) Excellent idea! Although e-mail conversations on the Ninja theme have been entertaining and enlightening, I would love an open forum where others can join in and share ideas. The .castle tone towards the Ninja theme has softened considerably (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

mail
(score: 0.277)

  LUGNET Lifetime Membership Enrollment Form

I submitted my LUGNET enrollment form on 2/9/01 but have not yet received my member packet in the mail. How long does it usually take to receive a member packet? (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.277)

  Re: Newsgroup request for MAALFD

(...) Sorry, I've been switching to a new computer and network setup. I remember seeing your mail before, but didn't write back. My old machine with all the mail on it is currently offline -- I think I'm going to take it into work and reformat it (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.277)

  Funny - People can't read Instructions

To Todd & All, I am not sure if this goes here or not, but I got an e-mail last night in regards to selling one of my 1789 Star Hawk II models, when I checked Pause out this morning, I saw that It says "information only - do not contact people". (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 0.277)

  Re: Problem with followups

(...) Yup, it was sent in through the news-by-mail gateway. (...) It does map Reply-To: to Followup-To: and vice-versa, but it's possible that Alan said Reply-To-All or some other reply option which caused the Reply-To to be ignored when he (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.276)

  Data Base Updates

Ok, as threatened, here we go... Since I've been collecting these for a while, some of them may already be taken care of, I'll try and re-check as I go. In some cases, I am confirming question marked items, and I have specified the source for each (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.276)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) job (...) No problem. I was simply using Mike's own phrase in a reply to his post. But yes, I understand, and will not continue to do that. (...) I agree. I am not one to use profanity in my every day life and do make it a point not to. This (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.276)

  Problem with followups

This reply to a post of mine: (URL) to have been posted from a mail reply. Does that properly handle followups or did Alan specifically crosspost back to lugnet.lego.direct? I guess I also need to try and write more clearly since Alan basically just (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.276)

More:  Next Page >>