 Administrative / General / 8936
Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 02:16:31 GMT

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 01:08:16AM +0000, Todd Lehman wrote:
The biggest thing limiting my email communication right now (and going back
farther than I'd like to admit) is having too many email accounts.  I've got
one at auczilla.com, one at fibblesnork.com, one here at javanet.com (my
local ISP for home connectivity), one at work, three at lugnet.com, and my
old mail is currently scattered across three computers (I made the mistake
of not using a simple flat-text-file email package two years ago and haven't
sat down and converted it yet).  Right now for personal and LUGNET email I'm
using Netscape for Linux on one box and Netscape for Windows on another box.
Using either is painful.  I use Pine at work and, being 100% keyboard based,
I find that it totally rules for what I need it to do (be very fast).  Pine
is also what I use when I log in at lugnet.com and check my mail there, but
the problem there (why mail often gets lost) is that it gets hundreds of
spam and mailer-daemon bounce messages per day and filtering isn't perfect.

pine?  Netscape mail?  man, I'd expect you to be a mutt person
(www.mutt.org) - completely text based, superior power, IMAP over SSL,
and whatnot...  it even has a NNTP patch!  combined with a good spamfilter
(www.spambouncer.org), you're all set :)  for the windows side of things,
I usually use Netscape mail doing IMAP, so I'll still get all the messages
down on the Linux half of the laptop...

:)

FUT o-t.geek

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:3081_1>:  Kelloggs Promotional Set: Helicopter (LEGO/SYSTEM/FreeStyle/Promotional/Kelloggs), '98