  Search Results: shifty bricks
 Results 961 – 980 of about 29000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I think that's not quite the point that was being made. The point is that selling individual bricks to individual consumers is *grossly* more expensive for the company, not that it's cheaper, and hence would need to sell sets to keep their (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) That's exactly it. If you're looking for black 2x4 bricks, the market is flooded with them, so BL prices have settled pretty low (and the rarer parts in a given set help offset those low prices so that sellers will still find it worth parting (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Yankee Stadium - really darn big

(...) Well, this boy is a total LEGO-maniac, and his father initially contacted me in late 2005 about somehow doing a project together with his son. The father was interested in having his son learn about what I do and how I approach the (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Yankee Stadium - really darn big

All: For almost three years, I've been working on a sculpture of Yankee Stadium together with a Manhattan grade-schooler. It's only a few months away from being complete. I don't normally post photos of my LEGO creations before they're finished, but (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Liquidating my 400 pound LEGO collection

Thanks for all of the bids and views on last weeks auctions, good stuff! I just put up 14 lots of all kinds of bulk pieces: (URL) of 12 Platforms including 8 platforms and 4 ramps> (URL) Skeleton minifigs> (URL) various Sharks, Squid, and Manta (...) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Bricks for Brains Big Announcement

(...) Congradulations, that's very cool. Now is your Bricks for Brains and this (URL) Bricks for Brains> the same? (16 years ago, 8-Aug-08, to lugnet.edu, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete

"Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:K7GAEx.4E8@lugnet.com... (...) They must be a bit slow to change the brick palette, or there is some error. I tried to find this brick in the LEGO Factory palette, but it does (...) (16 years ago, 20-Sep-08, to lugnet.lego.direct)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) An excellent thought, Bob. Motivational posters are a great way to extend LEGO's respectability with adults. Imagine a poster of a wall of white 2x4 LEGO bricks, with a single gold brick in the middle, with the caption "...because you don't (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) An excellent thought, Bob. Motivational posters are a great way to extend LEGO's respectability with adults. Imagine a poster of a wall of white 2x4 LEGO bricks, with a single gold brick in the middle, with the caption "...because you don't (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Oxford Blocks GF 0615-3 Ocean Storm review

I can't get in at the Bloks Forum for some reasons so let's post this here for now: Oxford Blocks GF 0615-3 Ocean Storm Guardian Force - blue figure These look like an answer to Bionicle/8-inch figure fans that want to stick with bricks-and-plates (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I didn’t say that they should stop selling the normal sets. I just asked for an additional service above and beyond that... But of course you have a point regarding the need for profit. Perhaps such an offer should be available only to certain (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) To be honest, in my opinion there’s nothing particularly "adult" about those sets - they’re just models (albeit rather impressive models) with a high brick count and an even higher price tag. What I would really like to see, is the possibility (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) TLC is still trying to come to grips with the fact that we _do_ still collect. You'd think it would be a no-brainer. I mean, here's a company that leaves bowls of bricks out on their conference tables that you are _encouraged_ to play with (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Jetson's Tower

(...) Check that. 206 BRICKS. A brick is taller than a stud is long. (16 years ago, 3-Sep-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Bricks for Brains Big Announcement

I am very proud to announce that Bricks for Brains (<www.BricksForBrains.org>) has just received word from the IRS that our application for tax-exempt status has been approved. This will open doors for us in areas such as facility usage, grants, (...) (16 years ago, 8-Aug-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.edu, FTX) !

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I think it may have a lot to do with your own feelings towards others. As I read your post, I'm not sure of the tonal inflection of the person saying "you still play with LEGO?"--is the inflection one of disgust, or one of excitement? That in (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I'm not sure that's really a fair assessment-- or, rather, the tone implies that everyone else at Lego was clueless until Jake showed them how it's done. But that's not really the case. I think it was more true that certain groups within the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Next time, either say: "You still watch grown men chase a ball around a field?" or something similar. (...) That's a tall order. Outside of sports, are there any other hobbies that truly bridge the child/adult gap? When a brand has spent (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

bricks
(score: 0.456)

  Re: LEGO Quality Control

(...) Yes, that was what they announced sometime in the past couple years. I can't remember when the change took place, but I do know that they had inconsistent shading in the dark-purple bricks that they used to make the Knight Bus in 2004. There (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Foundry Technology Preview Tool (was Re: BFC Tool?)

(...) That's why the easier one to use, lower-case, is 1; and the backup option is there "just in case". (...) Oh, we agree, and that's why it's now an option. The original intent was to get the best looking viewer for developing the OBI syntax (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

bricks
(score: 0.456)

More:  Next Page >>