  Search Results: fred
 Results 1381 – 1400 of 1884.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: War

(...) <snip first two parts of rebuttal> (...) No, it is in fact quite important, else you leave things hanging and you leave things open to the chattering classes claiming that 911 was our fault, for example. Let's try an analogy. Suppose Fred (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Battery level monitoring?

(...) For anyone else interested, I came across a description by Fred of a modification to the Miniboard that describes how to cut a track on the board to allow analog battery level monitoring. Unfortunately, the picture is missing from the page: (...) (28 years ago, 16-Apr-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.002)

  68HC11A1 vs 68HC11E1

Hi Folks, I'm not actually subscribed to the Handyboard list as Fred is traveling an unable to add me to the list. But I was hoping someone could take a moment to clear up my confusion on why the documentation occasionally refers to the E1, while (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Expansion board questions

(...) Terry, I will send you the code. I sent it to Fred for the website but haven't heard back. I'm reluctant to post it to the list, but I will mail it to anyone who asks... Best, Duncan (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Geometry Pages

Hello Nick, Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in article <FnID9M.AHM@lugnet.com>... (...) and (...) You may be interested in reading Fred G. Martin's 'The Art of LEGO Design'. It has some of the geometry you're looking for, along with some basic (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

fred
(score: 1.002)

  NMRA update (Sat. pm)

Not wanting to leave folks names out; Friday, Fred Yokel visited, and Tom McDonald helped me with the booth duty all day (Big Help!), while Tom Stangle showed up in the afternoon to bring in his freight warehouse. Saturday, Mike came in early with (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 1.002)

  Sony Infra Red HandyBoard Transmission

Has anyone successfully modified the sonyxmit.asm driver on page 267/268 of Fred Martin's publication: Robotic Explorations? I've been trying to modify the driver so that it will communicate with a Sony TV, so far without success. In the book Fred (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Sonar question

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Sales this week

I read it, and thanks for the sale updates. alex Anne Sullivan <mzjynx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:F9Dq2H.239@lugnet.com... (...) Fred (...) second (...) moving (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  More Star Wars found in Portland!

This evening I stopped by the Fred Meyer in Tualatin (acorss from the Big K just off I-5) where I found all five Star Wars sets (no Eps. 1). They had at least 20 Snow Speeders, 15 Land Speeders, six Speeder Bikes, a dozen X-Wings, and a dozen Tie/Y. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  RE: Fully suspended Technic chassis

(...) (URL) I was wondering about the lack of beams ( I only looked at the front view ) Is there enough rigidity using ( ingeniously ) axles as frame members? This would, of course, be realistic since many classic roadsters used the space frame (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.build)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225

I believe Fred Martin ran into similar problems and the serial extension did indeed help. I think his write-up of the issue is somewhere on his site: (URL) Baum (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Has anyone got new Throwbots?

I saw Millennia and Blaze at the Fred Meyer located at 158th and Walker road in Beaverton OR. Also Blaze and space for the others at 148th and SE Division in Portland OR. -Cheese (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

They'd have to redesign the minifig torso for Fred if they do!! It'd need an extra half a stud's width on either side!! Would need to be thicker in the middle too. ;-) Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde Julie Krenz <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Capitalism (was: People are idiots...)

(...) I agree that existence is a property right (and truly the most fundamental one). This does imply a right to a place to exist. However, assuming that the resources of the universe are limited, clearly one doesn't have an unlimited right to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Handy Board newsgroup

[Crossposted to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general, & lugnet.announce; followups to lugnet.robotics] Fred G. Martin[1] of the MIT Media Lab[2] has expressed interest in hosting the Handy Board[3] mailing list[4] as a real newsgroup on LUGNET[5]. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Well, It works! :)

Howdy all, They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery- Thank you Fred Martin for designing such a cool board like the Handyboard! I got one last summer hopefully to be one of the CPU's in my robot- but alas it didn't have enough I/O ports (...) (27 years ago, 21-May-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Sorry ~ and a question

Sorry about that eirlier post fokes ~ but I was useing what was posted from Fred, that said for us to use this e-mail address: lugnet.robotics.hand...lugnet.com when posting to the Handy Board list or by way of the Lugnet web page. It seams that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: non-linear motor speed problem

(...) The (small) load presented by the gears makes it behave quite well with pure DC (...) Sadly, the servo motors have oodles of oomph (the correct technical term for torque etc). My little bot is really a micromouse in training and very light so (...) (28 years ago, 11-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Need Help to solve the algorithm.

May I suggest that you get a copy of a paper that Fred Martin wrote (should be on his website, that is where I got it). It talks about the experience of several of his students and their approaches and pitfalls is designing a robot not too (...) (26 years ago, 21-Jul-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

More:  Next Page >>