  Search Results: cleaning old bricks
 Results 121 – 140 of about 52000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: How high can you spiral 2 x 4 bricks?

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H8uMsD.6Hw@lugnet.com... (...) Deleted some... (...) the (...) I suspect it depends on the "freshness" of the bricks. New bricks "clicks" better. Allways use new bricks, give away old (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.build)

old, bricks
(score: 3.041)

  (canceled)

cleaning, old
(score: 3.038)

  Old bricks and plates made from CA

Hi, I have added a large lot of very old blue and black plates and bricks which are made from CA to my bricklink shop. They have been produced until 1963. They look as they have never been used but I cannot guarantee it. I have also added blue (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

old, bricks
(score: 3.034)

  Re: Minifig trip to Carlsbad?

(...) <snip> (...) Well, I feel odd about it too. I have one 2x4 brick on my desk at work as a symbol of my hobby - but that's the extent of it. BTW, I didn't bring this particular brick from my collection. A co-worker who knew I was into Lego (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 3.032)

  Re: FOTD - Samsonite Era Set #704

(...) My sister recently bought a Swiss made 1200 piece tub, and I could swear blind that the bricks - are more rubbery - fit less closely together - have sharper edges than the sets I grew up with in the late 70s. On the other hand, last month I (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 3.030)

  Old bricks

Recently, I was at a garage sale and found a nearly complete Black Seas Barracuda set with original instructions and box. I noticed right away that it had pieces that didn't belong to the set. After I got it home, I looked through it and found some (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

old, bricks
(score: 3.030)

  Re: Old bricks

Dan, What you have is Lego made from Cellulose Acetate (or CA). That is a kind of plastic that Lego used until 1963. After that, they switched to ABS still in use today. The Pat. Pend. mark appears on both CA and ABS bricks. The descriptions you use (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

old, bricks
(score: 3.029)

  Re: Wheels and axles

(...) Yes, the cut-out fits into the 4.5V motor bearings ensuring a good grip. You can glimpse (if you want to :-) the cut-outs in the bearings in (URL) on non-locomotive 4 stud train wheels: (URL) and non-locomotive wheels: (URL) think all wheels (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

old, bricks
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Question about recycling Lego

(...) I have to concur with John. I've worked in the injection molded plastic business, molding lexan parts for computer chip manufacturing. (Lexan is a high strength GE plastic). Any time you reuse plastic, the quality does drop a little, as the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego)

old, bricks
(score: 3.020)

  Spring 2003 Meeting Planning

Howdy all, There has been a lot of talk via email recently about the meeting, and it was suggessted that we take it to LUGNET for the benefit of those not on the email list. So, here it is: MEETING DISCUSSIONS AT NI At the recent fall TEXLUG meeting (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

old, bricks
(score: 3.018)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Has anyone actually contacted LEGO and asked for this? I remember when I was a kid and one of those copper thingies (I don't know the correct English word word) which picks up the electric power from the track in the middle of the old train (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

cleaning, old
(score: 3.001)

  Re: Escher's "Relativity" - a study in SNOT

(...) Wow. I would have to say that this is the best yet in your remarkable series. No "tricks" or photo editing, just plain old bricks interacting with light. So for your next Escher reproduction, how about doing the LUGNET logo? - Chris. (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.build)

old, bricks
(score: 2.997)

  Re: ABS... but which one?

(...) I don't know any of the technical specs of bricks now or then, but let me share my feelings on the subject. I know that by comparing my old childhood bricks (20 - 25 years old) to bricks I've bought in the last 5 years there is a distinct (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 2.995)

  Re: My Lego Obsession & Philosophy

Hmmm.... I've been reading this thread, and suddenly I'm having flashbacks of a time, I would have been in my late teens, where I too would sneak around the toy section, hoping no one would see me there. I would let my own self doubt interfere with (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.990)

  Re: ABS... but which one?

In lugnet.general, Pedro Silva writes:> (...) I fail to see the logic in this statement. These stories talk about how older bricks *today* click differently than new bricks *today*. But I have seen no reference to how well old bricks were when (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 2.980)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

"KM" == Kevin Maynes <ERASETHISBITkmaynes...surfr.com> writes: KM> Hey.. instead of cleaning out the old ABS then loading the new, KM> maybe let the old ABS run nearly out, then load the new right on KM> top. Theoretically (just a theory.. I don't (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.979)

  RE: RCX Output (Train applications)

When I tried this, my train only ran at about 1/2 speed at full output from the RCX plugged into the train power supply and batteries removed. Any ideas why? My trains are a little old and I'm considering cleaning the tracks. Maybe I'll try again (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.978)

  Re: Roll Call

(...) Hey Adam! (...) What's a LCAD list, and where is the new one ... ? I stink. I know of one more person (met him today) - John Morgan. Works with computers just like Mike. Very friendly individual. What do you collect? Trade? etc...;) (...) Here (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tn.knx)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.976)

  Re: Changed Days

(...) Is the current availability of 'old' sets at retailers a one off as lego clears its warehouses that it is reorganising? As this process now finished, or is there some way to go? e.g. I was in Bournemouth over the week end and noticed in a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.971)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) That, dear Larry, is what one would call "sarcasm". To restate more clearly: Pure libertarians (or so I've been led to believe)(which you obviously don't come under by this definition) want to do without government altogether. I've talked with (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.971)

More:  Next Page >>