  Search Results: brasso
 Results 281 – 300 of 349.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

(...) naaah.. the textured slopes are _really_ tough. by the time you're completely through, they are no longer textured, but as you said, nice and smooth. i usually save all my brasso-ing for sunday nights while i'm watching fox tv shows. later ~ (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

leggomylego wrote in message ... (...) it (...) are (...) Yes, it's generally best to wash it afterwards to remove the abrasive that Brasso contains. Like Craig says, it can remove the printing quite safely, but I would recommend that you never rub (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: What kind of paint on Lego?

(...) I just bought some Testors enamel paint for some detailing--I'm going to Brasso off some "Sam Sinister" torsos and make more naval officers. However, I understand that water acrylic works OK too. best Lindsay (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

I sure could use Brasso to remove the paint. In fact I think I will. (Don't use Never Dull it melts the bricks. (Is that considered a double negative?)) As I am sure the fanatic train people can tell, I am not big on my train architecture. I just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

Jeff, (...) Thank you, sir! I will have to seek out some this week! Scott S. (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

(...) No, a double negative would be "I wouldn't not use Brasso just because it might dull the parts a bit." (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

(...) I've heard the above double-negative form used quite often--but it's usually combined with a modulation or inflection, where the NOT is stressed to set it in opposition to an assertion made immediately prior, such as: Person A: "I wouldn't (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Customizing Subgroup (was Re: Some Lego cleaning experiments)

A 1/4 part bleach to 3/4 parts water -- or some other milder conconction of bleach to water -- used on white, grey, or clear bricks and left to soak for 1- 2 weeks will absolutely work. I have done it, I know it for a fact that it works. The result (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Some Lego cleaning experiments

A few weeks ago a family member sent me a big box of old legos that I had played with as a kid (we're talking 26 yr old lego - boy guess that dates me doesn't it). I was so excited to see those blue rails, red lattice fences and neat old windows. I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

Very nice! Now all you have to do is take some Brasso or NevrDull to the printing on the half-domes ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

Brasso should be a standard bestseller item from LEGO Direct :-) Eric Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) I (...) will (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Question about 6332

Selçuk <teyyareci> <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote in message news:FoH6ru.D2w@lugnet.com... (...) Nothing that Brasso(tm), Q-tips, and a lot of rubbing can't fix. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

(...) david ~ brasso works like magic for removing the print from any lego piece (even transparent) as well as restoring the original lustre to old, mildly scratched, or grungy pieces. later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

(...) david ~ brasso works like magic for removing the print from any lego piece (even transparent) as well as restoring the original lustre to old, mildly scratched, or grungy pieces. later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

I wonder if there are any long term effects of using Brasso on ABS. Will it deteriorate the plastic over time? Or do you then wash the piece when you are done with the Brasso? Eric (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

(...) I use Brasso and a soft cloth or paper towel, and a lot of patience...it leaves traces and gives "grain" to the shine of the piece, but the end result isn't too bad. It's not, however, quite as nice as the originally-unprinted UFO panels as a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) brasso consists of a very fine abrasive in an oil suspention. it is not a chemical solvent at all. toothpaste is a much softer abrasive, and would take weeks of constant rubbing to remove paint, and using a brush would be too abrasive, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: If Lego made new Town sets... what should they be?

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message <385AFF77.E7AD3E9A@c...ve.com>... (...) [snip!] (...) Here's my top ten (in no particular order): 1. Radio-telescope station. This would be especially nice if it was modular so you could buy (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

(...) yes, i always give the pieces a good rinse in cool water afterward. the brasso becomes a chalky residue that rinses off. later ~ craig~ (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

craig hamilton wrote in message ... (...) NOONE (...) print (...) I bought an extra set of a UFO set, just to get off the saucer printings without regrets. I used a pencil eraser. It worked but was very hard work. I didn't even finish all the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.160)

More:  Next Page >>