 General / 13809
Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:14:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

I watched this thread about Brasso, where can you get some, in terms of
retailers around the US? (I.E. Walmart, etc.) I want to try it out, I
have many "useless" parts that need liberating!

Scott S.

Any hardware store should carry it, in the "Polishes" section.  My local
Hardware City (Local Chain, I think) had some for about $3.50.  It comes in a
little metal bottle.

Jeff

Forgot to mention:  So far I've cleaned 7 pieces, and it works pretty well.  If
you look closely, you can see the imprint of the printing, but more rubbing may
be able to remove that.  Use a soft cloth (an old t-shirt works), and do
something else(like watch TV) while doing it.  I took me about 5-10 minutes
each for a 1x4 brick, a McD's Slope, and the pice from 5823.  The Drawers from
5823 and one of the Trans-Green Hinged Panels from 6180 took a little longer.
The other piece, a 3x2 slope took over an hour(1)!  And it still needs a little
more work!  It is nice and smooth though.  :)

Jeff

1 - I may be doing something wrong, though.

naaah.. the textured slopes are _really_ tough.  by the time you're
completely through, they are no longer textured, but as you said, nice and
smooth. i usually save all my brasso-ing for sunday nights while i'm
watching fox tv shows.

  later ~ craig~