 General / 13802
Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:58:16 GMT

Paul Baulch wrote:

leggomylego wrote in message ...
I wonder if there are any long term effects of using Brasso on ABS.  Will • it
deteriorate the plastic over time?  Or do you then wash the piece when you • are
done with the Brasso?

Yes, it's generally best to wash it afterwards to remove the abrasive that
Brasso contains. Like Craig says, it can remove the printing quite safely,
but I would recommend that you never rub too hard as the abrasive can
theoretically attack the ABS. I noticed that a couple of my saucer pieces
had strange surface markings afterwards, where I'd gotten impatient and
rubbed really vigorously. That being said, a couple of barely noticable
markings is a HUGE improvement over the original hideous printing....  ;-)

I watched this thread about Brasso, where can you get some, in terms of
retailers around the US? (I.E. Walmart, etc.) I want to try it out, I
have many "useless" parts that need liberating!

Scott S.