  Search Results: brasso
 Results 261 – 280 of 349.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Cleaning discolored white bricks

Brad, I'm hoping you read this. IT WORKS!!!!!!!! I was in a state of shock but the brasso works. A couple of questions though: 1) Is it possible to clean them any faster, perhalps with a tool or scrub brush? I was rubbing some bricks for a good half (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

(...) Just make sure it isn't in the same condition mine was when I hunted it down in the garage a few weeks ago - to quote my reaction "Tins of Brasso shouldn't go 'clunk' should they?" and my wife's response "Uhhh, no. No, it should be more of a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Nope: I would use the drying technique LAST to polish the brick up. You have to scrub it first. I haven't attempted to do the tops (just the sides which are easier and typically the only part that shows - unless you are using a plate). Then, when (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

(...) I can't wait to try this stuff out. I spent a good bit of the morning pulling out all the hazardous substances from my grandmother-in-laws house to be picked up (and in 40 years they amassed an AMAZING collection of hazardous materials). Among (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.164)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

Brad, What was that about using Brasso to clean discolored white pieces?????? How does it work??? Please reply Power on, Andrew (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.164)

  UFO clear and gray pieces - Are they useful for emulating architectural features?

When the UFO stuff first came out, I scoffed at them (because I'm more into town than space). However, I decided that I wanted to build a merry-go-round and the circular pieces would make a good top. So, I bought two UFO sets. I never was able to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.arch)

brasso
(score: 0.164)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

I posted a message about 2 days ago on this subject (look upwards in your news browser about 15 messages). Brasso is a brass cleaner that you can pick up at any hardware or similar store. You rub it on with cotton or an old rag and it takes the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

I wonder if they were attempting to clean the plates with the belt-sander. Before I discovered Brasso, sanding was a desparation move for rare white pieces that were discolored or dirty. Erik Olson <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.164)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

(...) This operation couldn't have been much success!! There are four stubby ends of plates which were gnawed through by abrasion from below. Perhaps it was a severe cure for glued-on pieces, that went too far. I've got to get some Brasso! (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.164)

  Re: Is there any way to get pre-applied graphics off of pieces without damaging them?

(...) Yep. Brasso is the popular one among AFOLs. Personally I haven't tried yet. Lack of time and pieces that need print- removal (that's a good thing, I guess :) Search keyword 'brasso' for previous posts about best ways to use it... Good Luck! (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.164)

  Re: Is there any way to get pre-applied graphics off of pieces without damaging them?

(...) Well, I've used said Brasso on UFO panels, and it works rather well. It leaves the pieces slightly less shiny, with a windshield-like moire pattern when held in the light (from directional strokes with the micro-abrasive), but it works very (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.164)

  Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!

Correction, the Sting Ray Stormer does four black inverse saucer 1/4 domes, but the Arachnoid Star Base only has two. However, it's worth it to buy two of the ASB's because not only will you get a complete black bottom, you'll also get four (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 0.162)

  Re: Link to Sandcrawler pic?

(...) every (...) Agreed. TLC *has* to make Jawas at a smaller size than the standard figs. I've made some Jawas using the Obi-Wan hood & cape, an all-black head piece with yellow paint for eyes, on a brown torso (I removed the paint w/brasso from (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 0.162)

  FA [eBay] Tan, Dark Grey, and Undead - UPDATE I

Hi all, Just an update with a few "teasers" in case people don't realise what I'm offering in these lots: All-auction List: (URL) [LFB] Large Lot of Large Tan Lego Plates Current bid: $1.00 Auction ends on: Feb-15-00, 21:50:26 PST (URL) steal for 10 (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

brasso
(score: 0.162)

  Re: Junk Box #3

(...) Good point. Let's keep the plates mostly to ones that are useable, just not good enough the contributor's collection. With that in mind, probably about half the plates I pulled from Junk Box #1 can go into Junk Box #3, but I will still ask (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

brasso
(score: 0.162)

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) BTW, with all the talk about removing printing from bricks - why not use "brasso" and take off the heiroglyphic print? I haven't experinmented with it (yet) but many people said it worked for them... I might try it too after I get my (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

brasso
(score: 0.161)

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) Well... I have a tendancy of not disfiguring my Lego no matter how hideous it may be-- I have no idea why... must be a "purity of Lego" complex... Plus one of my other projects that I want to do someday is have a huge Egyptian temple/tomb... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

brasso
(score: 0.161)

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

(...) I watched this thread about Brasso, where can you get some, in terms of retailers around the US? (I.E. Walmart, etc.) I want to try it out, I have many "useless" parts that need liberating! Scott S. (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.161)

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

(...) Forgot to mention: So far I've cleaned 7 pieces, and it works pretty well. If you look closely, you can see the imprint of the printing, but more rubbing may be able to remove that. Use a soft cloth (an old t-shirt works), and do something (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.161)

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

(...) Any hardware store should carry it, in the "Polishes" section. My local Hardware City (Local Chain, I think) had some for about $3.50. It comes in a little metal bottle. Jeff (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.161)

More:  Next Page >>