  Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 321 – 340 of about 136000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  BrickFest Bulletin: LEGO Building Challenge

(URL) The staff of BrickFest is happy to announce the following contest for attendees: LEGO Builders Are Invited to Help Re-Build New Orleans in a LEGO® Building Challenge for Adult Enthusiasts In the wake of the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) it (...) Um, well, I think most people get angry sometimes. That doesn't mean that they can't be objective. And is it your contention that the use of the term 'theft' is a clear indicator of subjectivity? I have yet to hear you or any other (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) > (...) If you are selling instructions you should make _certain_ that they are correct. If you are giving instructions away for fun, then do you really need this kind of protection? (...) Wow, what a great, litigious world that we live in, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Hmm. The riots in Seattle were from WTO disagreements, wasn't it? People, no matter what they believe in, sometimes do evil things. I think some the riots were caused by the civil unrest of the country, which have ironed out somewhat. I think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Cuba

(...) I'd go with the utilitarian argument that people don't seem to have much in the way of choices, material goods, freedom of expression, action, or movement, and some desperately want to leave to the extent of risking their lives to do so. Will (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: The position of authority (was: Handgun Death Rate)

(...) The difference may be a matter of scale (The U.S. is much larger than the U.K. both in size and population -- hence we are each of us less represented, or more distanced, from our representatives esp. at the federal level) and the fact that in (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  A summation? (was Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

<slrn7k3ois.1dt.cjc@...S.UTK.EDU> <FBy91u.K5w@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) You came late but your statement above is the crux of the debate. A lot of people do not buy this link, do (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

In response to "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> in message news:G5qotE.M0q@lugnet.com... Larry, I appreciate the interaction you've provided. Before going any further, I'm glad that you're not a relativist (which means, in turn, that you (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die

(...) Please do so, but understand that Tore is exactly correct in urging you to direct your postings to their proper groups. Despite what some may think, LUGNET is not a homogeneous and publicly-owned forum; it is private property, and those who (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Chalk this part up to miscommunication, then. And for the record, I certainly don't believe that any "rights" are truly inherent and undeniable (inalienable). (...) Science may be a flawed tool, in the same way that the Constitution is a (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  DAM FUNNY!!!

Not sure where this came from, but my sister sent it to me this morning.... ENJOY! Dam Problem The following is a genuine hoot. This was an actual letter sent to Ryan DeVries from The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, State of Michigan. (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne)

(...) Yes, a parent's love should be unconditional for their children. Even so, I'm not sure one can really turn love on and off for their kids. (...) I tested my theory with my own kids last night. They actually gave me that answer. Maybe I have (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

(...) Marc-- Sounds like a good idea. Heck, it sounds like a great idea at first blush. However... TLG is not in the website business. (Nor should they be.) They are working with NetDevil to create an MMOG (or whatever they call it); and their (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  LEGO Builds New Billionaires as Toymaker Topples Mattel

LEGO® Builds New Billionaires as Toymaker Topples Mattel By Tom Metcalf & Robert LaFranco - Mar 13, 2013 Bloomberg.com LEGO A/S, the Billund, Denmark- based toymaker famous for its colorful building bricks, has minted three new billionaires as the (...) (12 years ago, 14-Mar-13, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: The *real* Phantom Menace and the fall of the republic

I'm replying to bits of John's post as well as Chris'. (...) I think I understand your intended point here, but the notion that The American Way should be what it was 200 years ago is baseless and anachronistic. The American Way of 200 years ago was (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  ??? (was Re: An armed society...(what if?))

(...) LFB, Kirby is a little too conspiracy prone for my taste also (really, it's his one obvious debate flaw), but that doesn't mean that he is wrong -- the fact is, Kirby is right in most of the broader strokes of his statements, even if he screws (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Solid Aluminum 2x4 Bricks!

Darrell, I offered my views on this issue, with references. [1] I did not specifically defend the practice and I don't have a final answer either. My conclusion is that Lego construe their proprietary rights to be much broader than patent law (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Let's establish henceforth that any time a debater uses "activist judges" as a means to trump an argument, then the debater has forfeited the argument. The Left has *not* forced the issue. One state's judiciary has rightly identified the laws (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: kids schooling (was :Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!))

(...) Parse error alert: "they" has an ambiguous antecedent. Parents or Montessori? (arguably must be Montessori, since the method can't speak to parent level of abuse, so you can't say it's not part of the method) (...) If I could afford it, I (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) One of the ideas I've been keeping on the back burner for BrikWars is a supplement for some kind of construction-campaign system. It's anybody's guess as to when (or if) this idea will ever get fleshed out, so I'd be just as happy to see it (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.gaming)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

More:  Next Page >>