  Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 181 – 200 of about 136000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Podracing bucket contents revealed . . .

(...) The reasoning is simple: The LUGNET Terms of Use Agreement (URL) anyone to post information which infringes upon the privacy or publicity rights of others. If you ask LEGO, I think you'll find that they view any and all "leaks" as unauthorized (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.terms)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.174)

  Re: Boba Fett's jetpack

(...) Whats so hard to define? the hoods are not star wars specific, the rebel helmets are. artoo detoos head is, but that element itself is not, (see the arctic theme to see it in orange) so it stands to reason that artoo detoos body as an element (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.174)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: "Ka-snip" (...) (freedom). (...) I profoundly disagree. It is liberals who are anti-freedom. Liberals are the ones trying to tax and regulate anything that moves. You are confusing freedom and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.169)

  Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:41:53 GMT, "Mike Poindexter" <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote: [... many snips...] (...) Wrong. There was ample evidence that this picture was not a "public domain" set picture. That evidence is that there was no statement saying (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.168)

  (canceled)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.162)

  Re: Concerns and Ideas.

(...) I recall reading some time ago (do not know the source or the authenticity) that The Lego Company cannot or will not accept specific ideas for products or product lines, etc. This is due to liability. If you submit ideas to TLC and they use (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.162)

  Re: kids schooling (was :Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!))

(...) Parse error alert: "they" has an ambiguous antecedent. Parents or Montessori? (arguably must be Montessori, since the method can't speak to parent level of abuse, so you can't say it's not part of the method) (...) If I could afford it, I (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.151)

  Re: Million Mom March

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) least (...) I would be in favor of a gun "license", however, I would like to see any group who can show that their are serious about how they give out the license being able to give them out (a huge (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.148)

  PayPal finally has to ante-up (long read)

For those of you who have been PayPal members (between Oct 99 and Jan 04), this applies to you - but you should have received this already. It does not appear to be a hoax as links are on the PayPal site. I believe this realates to the many stories (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.faq)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.119)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

Interesting debate. I'm not sure I can do this justice with my head hurting the way it is, but bear with me while I explore some thoughts. One thing which is clearly an issue in this debate ultimately comes down to what makes us different from other (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.117)

  Re: Mecha Legs

(...) Hey look; it's me and Larry in complete agreement. :) The DMCA apparently has a new form of intellectual property for the design of boat hulls. (From what I've read, yes, it is that limited and special purpose. If anyone has any more info on (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.117)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

Oh gosh...lots of comments to make. Don't you people realize I need to get some work done ;-) (...) what makes us different from other living things, if (...) You say this and don't seem to answer it? What are your thoughts about the differences and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.116)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

(...) But in the world of predators and prey, one is attacked. One must be able to defend oneself. (...) to (...) Defense we gotta do. (...) important (...) It is ultimately about pain and suffering. And it is ultimately about killing. Both are (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.115)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

Thanks for posting the explanation (and I suppose thanks should go to Tom for rattling the proverbial cage). :-) Personally, I didn't have a problem with any of Todd's actions or Lego's, but since my wife often deals with intellectual property (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.106)

  Re: Pruning not good for the trees

I'm not sure where the best place to hang this in the tree is, but here it is. Many people have argued that now that the information about the 2001 sets is openly available, Lugnet should not bow down to TLC's request to remove the information. My (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.095)

  Re: Nuke Boston (was Re: Resolved: Tall SUVs should not be...)

(...) Nonsense, although that's clearly overstating the point being made by the previous poster. I give you In Congress, July 4, 1776. The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.090)

  Re: I'm lucky to be alive

(...) This topic isn't exactly an obsession of mine but I thought I'd point out that much more than certain "costs" are at stake here. And I for one am not prepared to accept that money will cover for the damages (i.e. the ability to cover for the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.087)

  Re: Writing A Proposal

(...) I intend to set up something so that scanning a Lego UPC automatically enters it in LUGnet as part of my collection. I'd highly recommend against using the software that comes with the :CueCat. Each device has a unique ID, and every time you (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.087)

  Re: Thanks but no thanks

(...) Just nitpicking here, not sure of the overall relevance, but... Bad analogy. (having tried and failed to move cows and having actually fixed fences). It's a LOT easier to fix a fence that doesn't want to be fixed than to move a cow that (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.086)

  Another license draft

Hi, After some more dicussion, I have come to the following proposal for the license. It's much simpler than Steve's first license but I think it covers all important points. I have also copied some parts of the GPL text because I think they are (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

all, rights, property
(score: 4.085)

More:  Next Page >>