  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 301 – 320 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Rotaion Sensor Sampling Speed?

Hi all, I'm putting together a mazebot for Mindfest, and ran into a bit of a funny with the rotation sensor. I THINK it has to do with the sample speed, but I'm not positive. I'm using pbFORTH and sampling the rotation sensor in a tight loop. The (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.004)

  RE: NQC versus Lego RCX Code Speed

(...) (URL) Is a note I posted a while back on pbForth speed. It really is very fast - not as quick as legOS, but fast enough for what we're doing. In fact, NQC and native firmware is fast enough - we just don't have enough variables.... As a point (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.004)

  Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms

(...) Well my understaing of JIT compiler is that its a part of the actual runtime so I'm not sure how it would be on the PC?! Though you got me thinking (dangerous), perhaps the best way to program the NXT is not to run a binary but instead use an (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.004)

  RE: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones (was: mindstorms NXT and memory)

I don't know if someone got this post but since I couldn't find it on the lugnet site then I guess it got lost somewhere. Here it goes again: (...) computer's worth of memory (at a slower rate? I really > need to learn about Bluetooth). I have a (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.004)

  Re: Australian Roll Call

"Rachel Kingston" <kingston@spirit.com.au> wrote in message news:Fv0F1F.F4H@lugnet.com... (...) competant (...) The 1.5 set has a few cool technic parts that 1 hasn't, and is minus a couple of very ordinary parts. It's also got an upgraded (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.004)

  Re: RIS 2.0 USB Tower on a Mac

(...) As long as you are using OS X you'll be fine. NQC includes its own driver code for working with the USB tower under OS X. For Mac OS 9.x you'll need to install a driver from Lego. You'll also need to download firmware to the RCX. MacNQC can (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Why [no single language] is good for Mindstorms

(...) The RIS v2.0 software actually DID save files in "Mindscript", which is a text language. I suspect they won't go that direction again, because it just wasn't that popular. (...) ... (...) Sorry if I wasn't clear. TLG must provide FIRMWARE (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  RE: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms

(...) Wrong :) For two reasons: - a JIT is quite complex if you want to really gain something and requires too much memory (remember the NXT only has 64 KB of RAM); - JIT and real-time are not good friends... On top of that, a carefully implemented (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Novice group

(...) Steve & James, Would you find a group dedicated to LEGO MindStorms (as a self-contained product or a purely-LEGO product) to be helpful? The current robotics group/list has a very strong focus and purpose toward customizing the firmware and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Should I upgrade RIS 1.5 to 2.0?

(...) As for lejos, there's no difference. (...) To use the new features with NQC you need the new firmware, which used to be available at (URL) this link is now broken. It should also be somewhere on the CD in RIS 2.0 and the upgrade kit. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Memory - Where did it go?

(...) With a newly loaded firmware: C:\WINAPPS\projects\...c>nexttool /COM=x -freemem 70324 C:\WINAPPS\projects\...c>nexttool /COM=x -listfiles NVConfig.sys=1 RPGReader.sys=14346 Demo.rxe=9436 Try-Touch.rtm=3788 Try-Light.rtm=4456 Try-Sound.rtm=6864 (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) You can configure the RCX sleep time using the standard MindStorms software. I don't have an installation of this handy to tell you exactly how to do it, but I remember setting this after doing firmware downloads. The sleep time setting is (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

(...) If I remember correctly it was posted to the Mindstorms Web site briefly... I've told all I know about it. (...) My hope is that the new firmware part in ROM will contain Hardware support for new Sensors. Proximity, Compass etc... Hey, I can (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  RE: Even better, RIS 1.5, $99.99

(...) This is a good deal for a RIS 1.5 system. You can always buy a USB tower if you need one, but for anyone thinking about using alternative firmware on a non-windows machine, the 1.5 with the serial tower is easier to deal with. I think they are (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) Yes. I agree. (...) Yes - I agree with that too. The 'fixed set of functions' are the set of byte codes that the Lego firmware supports. How you put those together is a matter of what tools you use to design the robot. NQC does not somehow (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler

---...--->snip (...) Welcome to LEGO Mindstorms robotics: do great things in real world with imperfect tools and objects. That's what makes it so interesting. It's always the Apollo 13 challenge: "Here guys, that's what they have on bord! Come on (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))

For the Workshop3D Event I use the following construct, the button handling is from the book "Extreme Mindstorms": : main ( -- ) \ Main Task init \ do main initialize ( ... ) BEGIN ( ... ) BUTTON_SCAN BUTTON_RUN? IF ( ... ) \ Calibrating BEGIN ( ... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  RE: Code-only Line-tracking competition

(...) David, thanks for putting this contest on. I admit that I was intrigued when it was announced but did not have time to put an entry together. The idea of a code-only competition on a standard hardware platform is brilliant and opens up the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  RIS 2.0 software now in beta

Dear All The beta version of the RIS 2.0 ATLClient software, firmware (firm0328.lgo), and documentation are now available for download from the LEGO Mindstorms site: (URL) the winners of the alpha bug reporting competition are posted ;p Cheers JP (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

  RIS memory usage

I'm anxiously awaiting the time when I can buy my Mindstorms package, but until then I'm spending time learning about it. One thing that has gotten me a little confused is how the RCX brick uses memory. I keep reading about the memory usage being: (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.003)

More:  Next Page >>