  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 1881 – 1900 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) Yeah, its called LegOS. I only realized this after project X, but according to some tests, LegOS runs about 100 times faster than the standard firmware. Check out this post: (URL) LegOS is worth the extra effort after all? Rob (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

firmware
(score: 1.355)

  Apparent 'time-out'

I am using the TCL GUI provided by Ralph Hempel on a Windows 2000 machine to program the RCX 2.0 in pbForth. The upload of the firmware appears to be working just fine. I get responses back from the RCX and am able to create new functions without (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  Re: Apparent 'time-out'

Shutting down the GUI and starting it back up has no effect, pbForth continues to respond correctly. Adding words to the dictionary doesn't seem to make any difference either. Whether having just uploaded the firmware or having the RCX active for (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  Re: Apparent 'time-out'

The GUI version is 2.1.0. The pbForth version (COLD) is 2.1.2. I am using the USB tower with RIS 2.0. Once the RCX stops responding, if I pull out a battery and re-upload the firmware, the RCX will respond again to the same GUI session. In other (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  RE: Apparent 'time-out'

(...) Thanks... (...) When the RCX is sitting idle, the pbForth interpreter is spinning and looking for characters from the IR. I doubt that sunlight (or flashlight) would be interpreted as valid chars, and the error handling should just discard the (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  Re: Unknown Return Code

(...) This may not be what you want to hear, but I would recommend trying BricxCC instead of NQC Edit. Downloading firmware and programs works just fine with BricxCC. John Hansen (URL) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  Re: Upgrading RCX 1.0

(...) Hi Paul, You can get a 1.5 or 2.0 upgrade package for a small fee from Lego Shop@Home. Give them a ring at 1-800-267-LEGO. However, it's not really worth the money unless you have small kids-the 1.5 and 2.0 upgrade kit is mostly software plus (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  Re: Upgrading RCX 1.0

Thanks Callum. What we are doing is trying to get to 2.0 to use some features in NQC. Am I making this too complicated? Can we just download the 2.0 firmware and skip the 1.5 upgrade? "Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  Unknown Return Code

Hi, I'm just getting started using mindstorm, and I'm having problems setting up everything to start with NQC. I'm using RIS 2.0, and NQC Edit on Windows 2000, but any time I try to download any firmware or programs, I get a message saying "unknown (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.354)

  Re: LegOS / Orignal Firmware

(...) You can use the original LEGO download if you remove legOS first - this can be done by pressing the on/off button while holding the run button. HTH ROSCO (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  RE: What about this for a new RCX 2.5 setup?

I'd be happy with a good "official" LEGO SONAR sensor and a fixed version of the LEGO Rotation Sensor (without the lost "clicks" bug) On the RCX side, I'd like a RCX 3.0 with 6+ sensor inputs and more outputs (and more RAM. I'm using MANAS sets to (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.dear-lego)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Re: remote control

(...) The others already explained what it does with the LEGO firmware, so I thought I just add how it works and what it can do with leJOS or legos. The remote sends a single kind of command called RemoteCommand that contains 16 bits, one for each (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  RE: latest legOS strangeness

(...) Interesting question. I'll try this at home with my remote and RCX loaded with standard firmware. Anyway, that could only say that the remote control knows that it has to send a OFF (brake) cmd to the RCX when fwd and rev are pressed together, (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Re: latest legOS strangeness

I was torn between 'float' and 'brake' when implementing the remote control handler. I eventually opted for 'brake' since that is how the Lego RCX firmware does it. With regard to the strange motor behavior. I too noticed this while debugging the (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Lingo

Sorry to make so many posts here! I am a little confused by some of the lingo I see flying around... so I am going to make a number of questions... #1) In windows, why do we need to download binutils, gcc, and the scripts... what do they all do? #2) (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Re: latest legOS strangeness

(...) I may be wrong - 'my' RCX is actually my brother's, and is 3 hours drive away - but doesn't the remote control with the official firmware do float when buttons released, but brake if forward and reverse are pressed together? Max (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Who to control MANAS with RCX2 and NQC

(...) 6:45 PM (...) Hi Ron :) This is an example of how you can control 3 Bionicle Manas. Since so many people contributed to this, I edited the last version of the demo source, I could find at lugnet.robotics, to include a "Thanks to" and some more (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Re: LegOS / Orignal Firmware

Thanks "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:Gwy7Bn.DJu@lugnet.com... (...) this (...) this (...) can (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Re: latest legOS strangeness

(...) To ansswer my own question. The problem was caused by memory corruption. In this case the memory corruption was caused by downloading a very large program in slot 1, and a small program in slot 7. The loading of the program in slot 1 seems to (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

  Re: somewhat off topic, but...

I'm NOT biased because I DIDN'T write the thing... Forth is a wonderful language that has a proven track record. I don't use it in my job simply because management has never heard about it. I don't mean to imply that languages are chosen by (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.353)

More:  Next Page >>