 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4430
Re: Upgrading RCX 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 11:06:51 GMT

Thanks Callum. What we are doing is trying to get to 2.0 to use some
features in NQC.

Am I making this too complicated? Can we just download the 2.0 firmware and
skip the 1.5 upgrade?

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Paul Naish writes:
Anyone know where I can get a 1.5 and 2.0 upgrade kit?

Hi Paul,

You can get a 1.5 or 2.0 upgrade package for a small fee from Lego
Shop@Home.  Give them a ring at 1-800-267-LEGO.

However, it's not really worth the money unless you have small kids-the • 1.5
and 2.0 upgrade kit is mostly software plus a few extra parts IIRC.  The • RCX
itself hasn't changed and the 1.0 RCX can use all of the new firmware and
development tools for adults downloaded from the Internet (ie, the 2.0 • SDK)
What you get with the upgrade package is really more of the Lego software
for kids.

Calum