 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4431
Re: Upgrading RCX 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:32:29 GMT

That is exactly what you can do. Lego has released a 2.0 SDK, which
includes the 2.0 firmaware (firm0328.lgo), as well as lots of other
stuff for programming. I can't find it on their web site, so you can
download it from me:
http://members.rogers.com/4tee2/RCX2_SDK_BETA.zip

Paul Naish wrote:

Thanks Callum. What we are doing is trying to get to 2.0 to use some
features in NQC.

Am I making this too complicated? Can we just download the 2.0 firmware and
skip the 1.5 upgrade?

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Paul Naish writes:

Anyone know where I can get a 1.5 and 2.0 upgrade kit?

Hi Paul,

You can get a 1.5 or 2.0 upgrade package for a small fee from Lego
Shop@Home.  Give them a ring at 1-800-267-LEGO.

However, it's not really worth the money unless you have small kids-the

1.5

and 2.0 upgrade kit is mostly software plus a few extra parts IIRC.  The

RCX

itself hasn't changed and the 1.0 RCX can use all of the new firmware and
development tools for adults downloaded from the Internet (ie, the 2.0

SDK)

What you get with the upgrade package is really more of the Lego software
for kids.

Calum