 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 482
481  |  483
Subject:
Apparent 'time-out'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 14:26:36 GMT

I am using the TCL GUI provided by Ralph Hempel on a Windows 2000 machine to
program the RCX 2.0 in pbForth.  The upload of the firmware appears to be
working just fine.  I get responses back from the RCX and am able to create new
functions without any problems, at least at first.  If I stop sending messages
to the RCX, it "appears" to time-out and will stop responding.  At that point,
my only option is to pull one of the batteries out and start over from scratch.

I can see that the tower is still attempting to send messages because the light
is visable through the case, and I can see that it goes on.  The batteries in
the RCX are new and show a full charge.  If I do nothing more than continue to
send blank carriage returns, the RCX continues to respond.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone know of a word or function
that I can use to see what is going on inside the RCX before it stops
responding?  Any help would be appreciated.

David