 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 487
RE: Apparent 'time-out'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 19:44:59 GMT

Shutting down the GUI and starting it back up has no effect, pbForth continues
to respond correctly.  Adding words to the dictionary doesn't seem to make any
difference either.  Whether having just uploaded the firmware or having the RCX
active for over half an hour with many words added, the flashlight disrupts any
further communication.

OK, so if the RCX is in the "dead" state, shutting down the GUI and
restarting the GUI makes no difference. And you can always clobber the
RCX running pbForth by shining a light at it?

I'll see what I can do on this end to reproduce the problem, it might
not be until tonight though...

Are there any words that echo what is received from the IR port on the RCX?  It
would make sense to get more feedback from pbForth to isolate where the problem
is entering the system.

Not that I can easily explain right now. Article soon...

Cheers, Ralph