 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 488
Re: Apparent 'time-out'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 19:53:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
OK, so if the RCX is in the "dead" state, shutting down the GUI and
restarting the GUI makes no difference. And you can always clobber the
RCX running pbForth by shining a light at it?

Yes, the flashlight consistently makes the RCX go "dead".

I'll see what I can do on this end to reproduce the problem, it might
not be until tonight though...

No rush.
PATIENT: "Doctor, it really hurts when I move my arm like this."
DOCTOR: "Then don't move your arm like that."

Are there any words that echo what is received from the IR port
on the RCX?  It would make sense to get more feedback from pbForth
to isolate where the problem is entering the system.

Not that I can easily explain right now. Article soon...

I look forward to the article.  I am currently working through your "Extreme
Mindstorms" book and would welcome any other material I can get my hands on.

David