  Search Results: "Impossible to disassemble"
 Results 1501 – 1520 of 2795.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Was it a PR plug? (was: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool)

(...) So? Do you have an eBay page? Do you list information that will help you to get better sales? (...) Sure. (...) Probably a little. (...) I imagine it would depend on the mechanism behind this hypothetical "chance of negative PR." Now I get to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool

(...) You all take this far too seriously. If you can detach yourselves a bit you'll see it's kind of like observing an exhibit of dung beetles in a glass case. They roll up great balls of dung, periodically have territorial fights and displays of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: Customs question...

(...) I agree-- although I don't think I'd word it quite so :) But more or less, I think that's a fair assessment. (...) Well, given the above agreement that morality is aesthetic, who cares about what they think? We're talking about the person (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) Too much cut and paste, too likely to introduce errors, too labor intensive and no real benefit. It's just *not like* HTML where you upload the exact page you want after checking it out locally. This is particularly true for the front page of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: Conspiracy theories

(...) That's one of the million dollar questions, and we may have to content ourselves with "the passengers appear to have disrupted the hijackers' plan which then resulted in the crash of the plane." It doesn't seem likely that we'll ever have a (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: Buckets $5 Fri at Walmart

From past experience, it is usually limited to how many you can grab. If you want a lot of these, scout out your Wal-mart the day before (Wed) to find where they have put these. The toy section in the morning is awful and shopping carts are (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: we want....a shrubbery! one that looks nice... and not too expensive

(...) My my this is nice. I like all 5 of these packs and will problably get several of each (well maybe not the bushes just for the fact that I have a ton already). Thanks for the 2x2 roof tiles they are a necessary addition to the 2x4 roof tiles (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: 1.0 firmware and remote -- for Jeff W

(...) Well one way you can disable emote control, and block all other communications for that matter, is by making the RCX constantly send out messages. A simple line of code like this – while(true){sendmessage(0);} is ought to do the trick. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  BR18 Steam Locomotive

Hi all, I finished my German BR18 Steam Locomotive this weekend, and managed to take some photos. They're posted on my Brickshelf Gallery: (URL) are a couple of interesting features on it: The engine is a 4-6-2 configuration, and the tie rods and (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !!

impossible
(score: 0.243)

  Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament

(...) Hmm. One of the long-standing concepts of God is "greater-than-which-...-thought." That is, of course, a formulation of the ontological argument and is therefore insufficient to prove His existence, but let's assume it (those of us who don't (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: One of my issues (Warning: even wordier than usual)

(...) We're arguing semantics, I think, over the meaning of "impossible". I am suggesting that if there are absolute limits, they limit everything (including God). You are stating that if there are are absolute limits, God can't exist. That doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament

(...) Any of us can construct nonsensical statements. How big is yellow? A square circle. 2+2=5. Whatever. How can any being *do* the logically impossible? That which our imaginations may conceive cannot be the standard which a Greater Being must (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Handyboard and iMac

Hi all, Do you remember me asking if the HandyBoard was working on an iMac with an USB/Serial adapter? Well, all the USB/Serial adapters have been back ordered for the last 4 months, so I was unable to find or try any of them ;^(. But I bought an (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

disassemble
(score: 0.242)

  Re: The Nam-shub of Enki (was Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament)

Actually, while I stand by my previous post, you bring up some pretty decent arguements here... "richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GMunx4.D0I@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) he (...) mythology, (...) techniques (...) it. I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: One of my issues (Warning: even wordier than usual)

(...) In that case we must be careful, or else we're once again presented with a receding target: A. How about this criterion? B. Well, that's not the *real* Christian God. A. Okay, how about this criterion? B. Well, that's not the *real* Christian (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament

(...) Very Descartian of you :) I think the only rebuttal I can say is "Why must it be that way?" I guess I just don't see a problem with a God for whom certain things are impossible, such as the absurdity of changing 4+3=9, while leaving the rest (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: One of my issues (Warning: even wordier than usual)

(...) I completely disagree. You're forcing a Christian God into something that it doesn't need to be. Certainly there are *some* sects of Christianity that would require it as you say, but again, they don't disprove the whole of Christianity. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: One of my issues (Warning: even wordier than usual)

(...) I can conceive of such a being in at least abstract terms, such as "that being which is not bound by our definition of logical impossibility." (...) And mine too, but I'll stand by the logical impossibility requirement. If you have any notion (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: 2nd Annual Space Building Contest?

<much editing> Ending it after Christmas sounds good. How about midnight, Dec 31 - (that is, the eve before newyear's eve). I don't think judging will be that big a problem if we keep the range of categories small, as you suggested. I do have one (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

  Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament

(...) A few posts back I put forth "God is that being greater than which nothing can be thought" as a rhetorical assumption. It's not my personal belief, but, in my attempt to understand the Christian source of morality, it seemed an okay starting (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

impossible
(score: 0.242)

More:  Next Page >>