  *89278 (-20)
  Technic Turntable...

Someone mentioned making a turntable out of Technic elements. A friend and I did this about two years ago using an old pair of Gemini SL-100 Belt Drive Turntables. We simply removed the outer casing and made one from Technic Axles. It looked really (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) Stunningly pointless, IMHO. The measures that a store puts into place to prevent "spying" are invariably going to cost more than the potential loss of revenue. Again, IMHO, the potential loss of revenue is diddly squat - especially when (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: New wallpapers--Mine truck and Pentapterigoid Star Fighter

(...) for (...) the bottom of the screen. That looks like something I could use. Ryan (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

(...) Though one would certainly still be better off buying the sets for $30, it's got a good parts selection, but definitely selling those baseplates is a good way to get some cheap bricks... (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proud New RIS owner... tires wanted

(...) Aren't those rims in 6589 Radical Racer in white and yellow in 2963 Extreme Racer? The tires do look different though. If no one knows for sure, I'll check at home tonight or tomorow (I have 8440, 6589, and 2963). Of course it may not be easy (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  (canceled)

  Re: What would a lego stormtrooper be?

(...) Hate to burst your bubble Paul, but those megaphones are used as the air intakes. That is why TLC put them on the right side and not the left. (...) Actually the blaster rifles of both the Rebel & Imperial soldiers are very similar so TLC (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The realization of juniorization sets in...

<SNIP> (...) of (...) Another (...) I would like to have seen this piece (and the Mixer) made from several sections, so that it could be expanded or compressed to make different size models. ( Like in the good old days on the 378 (farm tractor and (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Lego Christmas

Remy Evard wrote in message <8EAD248evardmcsanlg...et.com>... (...) What a load!!! Well every member of our family received an ample supply of Lego, however we also got a new KABOB* for Christmas. I finally had my baby (a boy) and he was kind (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Port Block sees in the new nineteenth century

(...) This begs the question: Is anyone planning any LEGO celebrations of the new year/millenium (yea, I know, the new millenium doesn't actually start for another year)? (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

(...) Wow. I am suprised Belkin doesnt work. Their products are really good. I never heard of Peracom. I know that Lego claims that "it worked for some users", but I wanted to stick with brand-names that I was familar with. Does anyone know if Lego (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I think Playmobil shows that the Civil War can be done. Not only that, but that it can be done tastefully with out causing hard feelings to anyone. You don't have to put people in chains. It doesn't have to have every detail of the war. It's (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

can we move this thread to lugnet.off-topic.fun? (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Well, now I don't know what to think, especially since Playmobil and Lego have run parallel product lines so often in the past! Dave! (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) This is something retailers are extremely sensitive about. The manager was assuming you were a "spy" for another retailer. I'm not sure what their exact protections under the law are, but from a purely Libertarian perspective, they have every (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) If he leaks inside information. It would also probably be a violation of his terms of employment. It is also unlikely he has access to the information. Most retailers are very protective of their marketting plans. (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I remember small plastic Civil War soldiers when I was younger as well. I do know that <a href="(URL)Playmobil</a> currently has Civil War sets out now. Check it out. I think that they have been doing Civil War for 20 years now if I remember (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

(...) How phenomenally odd! "DALU"? "DALULAND"? I assume this is a translation of some kind? But why translate a product name? Does "lego" mean something in Arabic? Could it concievably be a rip off of lego? I'm not sure how copyright laws are in (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

Somewhere on the Mindstorms site, I found a reference to the Peracom adapter. I have not tried it, but I did buy a Belkin USB Hub with a serial port and I know that the Belkin doesn't work. Scott (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Brad: A way for almost ANY piece to be sold...

(...) Work Study is paid as well as Co-Op, I'm not sure about internships though I would believe they are also, And that there is some type of gov't control on what is paid :( (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Skipped 4 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact