 General / 12896
Re: The realization of juniorization sets in...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:33:13 GMT

<SNIP>
A large 1-piece dump-truck POOP.

This piece looks a heck of a lot better on a dump truck than in the rock
raiders sets. It also has a complex shape which would be hard to make out • of
bricks, and the thin wall nature of it would be extremely difficult. • Another
SPUD not a POOP.

I would like to have seen this piece (and the Mixer) made from several
sections, so that it could be expanded or compressed to make different size
models.
( Like in the good old days on the 378 (farm tractor and wagon) for example,
where there were two end sections and you could put what ever size plates on
the sides)
Cheers
Oliver

While this set is over priced, I wouldn't say it is ridiculously • overpriced.
I would be quite happy to pay $8-10 for a service pack which came with a
pair of road sections, and $5-6 for a service pack which came with 2 • support
columns (and I wonder how many people would buy those JUST for the pair of
4x18 bricks which would be included?).

I would have to say that this is one of the most exciting sets of the 2000
sets, because it takes LEGO town construction to a new dimension. I • strongly
suspect we will see another set use these new road pieces, and I think • many
of our LEGO town councils will buy up these sets (James B - thought about
re-building your large bridge with these....)

Frank

etc. etc.

And a handful of real Lego pieces for detailing.

--

Paul Davidson