 General / 12899
Re: The realization of juniorization sets in...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:07:27 GMT

Tony Priestman wrote:
The first thought that went through my head was 'Playmobil'. I've
expunged most of it from my memory now, but the image of a single piece
digger arm remains to haunt me.

It's not actually as bad as it looks. The click hinges on either end of
the digger arm make the movement quite good AND you get THREE extra
digger arm sections (of three different lengths) on the set which are
not in any of the main models, onlt the amternates. So you could make a
pretty elaborate digger with the extra pieces.

I agree more with Frank - although this set IS aimed at a younger market
it does have some interesting stuff in and most of the big pieces are
SPUDs not POOPs. The worst is the 2x4x3 grey tall brick. That's just
dumb.

The highway sections themselves when linked together make quite a big
model - bigger than it looks on the box. And I like the new construction
guy torsos. Even the faces don't look as bad in the "flesh" as they do
on the box.

Kevin

--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com