 Technic / 601
600  |  602
Subject:
Technic Turntable...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:46:15 GMT

Someone mentioned making a turntable out of Technic elements. A friend and I
did this about two years ago using an old pair of Gemini SL-100 Belt Drive
Turntables. We simply removed the outer casing and made one from Technic
Axles. It looked really cool, and it worked.

Now by using two RCX Bricks, two Technic Motors, and some basic knowledge of
electronics, you could replace the belt-drives in the tables OR, with the use
of several Motors, turn it into a Direct-Drive. The RCX, with some touch
censors, would replace the start/stop button.

Now of course, I would not reccommend doing any of this, because turntables
are too expensive to waste (unless you want to). If you also think about it,
it's just not a wise idea because these would be easy to break, and, you don't
want that, do you?