  *86996 (-20)
  Re: You're welcome for the thanks (was Re: Thanks for the welcome

Whoops! Sorry for the *ugly* post! 80 characters per line? Is it me, MS, or other? I hate it when that happens! I still meant what I said about Larry, though. John John Matthews <jmatthew@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) method (...) Yeah, accordian doors would work. Also, to return to yesteryear, a classic space design is to use the 1x2 x 1x2 brick hinges to open up to equal halves of the back of the ship. I supposed that could be applied to bay doors that (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: You're welcome for the thanks (was Re: Thanks for the welcome

Dear Brad, Whether we like him or not, Larry is our Leader. I do not know Larry, but have been reading his posts for the past >year. Larry can come to the quick on most any topic quite lucidly. Listen to Larry, he is our man. Build On! John Matthews (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) it works as well as it does on opaque pieces! i did a pair of small insectoid wings. i chose these for the experiment to see if it would marr the frosted edge. it didn't, but probably would if i kept at it. the print rubbed out in a couple of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Longest MOC

(...) Hello, I wasn't going to say anything before it was done, but since you asked I decided to participate. I am currently working on a 375-400 stud long ship is divided up into 3 major sections: front - holding bay middle - modular attachment (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Dear LEGO, As you know, I am planning to build a replica of the Empire State Building. However, smaller houses do prevail. Sloped bricks of available colors and configurations are necessary. Hips and gables are a necessity to distinguish any house, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Longest MOC

(...) I think Seaborn Brick is an old-style sailing ship; my impression is that we're talking spacecraft here. If we're talking "ships" generically, Indomitable was (IIRC) a hair over 300 studs long: (URL) spacecraft, though, Marathon is still the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Longest MOC

(...) of (...) I'll post up pics as soon as I get my webpage up Erin -- (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Longest MOC

(...) I have a space ship that I occasionally work on at (URL) It is mostly complete & I am trying to duplicate it in LDraw. It has been a while since I have messed with it but it is still in one piece. It's only about 4.5 feet long though... Check (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ship Power Core

(...) I don't know--Craig Hamilton said he was going to find a "victim" today if he had a chance--look over in lugnet.castle, since I think it revolved around the stained-glass in new Castle sets (no pun intended). best, LFB (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) later ~ craig~ (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) I'd actually kicked around offering a buffing service. Dremel (and various other mini-tool companies) do make a small buffing wheel for crafts, so it's not out of the question by any means. I'm generally in your corner on this, but when it (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

John Neal wrote in message <3861A7FE.587FEB44@u...st.net>... (...) Well, I guess I can give my wish list. I am going to hope the Marketing folks at Lego will archive these posts and perhaps do some analysis on them that leads to some type of bulk (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: AFOL

(...) what about brad justus' suggestion, "KABOB' ~ Kid w/ A Bunch Of Bricks"...? i thought it was great. later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Thanks for the welcome

(...) What set number is that? S@H has never heard of that one! :-) All kidding aside, the idea has been previously raised of themed buckets to distribute theme-based pieces a la Freestyle, and I think it's a great idea! I'd love a Res-Q bucket, or (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  My Review of 6474

This will be my first review. Set 6474 Wheeled Front Shovel Piece count 47 pcs. cost $6.00 The set came with two bags containg seperate instructios.when I put this together I noticed that they used a flat plate for the platform instesd of the one (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does Anyone Know Where Pix Are? HELP!!!

(...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AFOL

Hmmm.... Aren't teenagers and adolescents one and the same? Anyway, the reason the term AFOL exists is because if one were (at least among the general population) to say that someone is a fan of Lego, it would be assumed that the fan is not an (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Lego League Software (fwd)

Hi. If you are seriously considering using other processors, then this unit is far from being the only possibility. (...) 1) The Stamp microprocessors directly support programming in BASIC. Stamps are widely used in the Sumo Robot community. 2) The (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Arctic Bonus Set 6569

(...) That's the canonical cannon joke, so don't anyone else tell it here please. As to liking disliking South Park, I'm too old or too smart to like it, not sure which. I just think calling the parka guy Kenny is funny. I don't see that as (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

Skipped 2 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact