 General / 12619
Re: Longest MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 06:12:15 GMT

John Rudy wrote:

In lugnet.space, Erin Windross writes:
In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes:
Out of curiosity, what is the longest ship anyone has ever built or is
planning to build?  Other than my ship's 350 studs, the largest I've heard of
is 250, or 7 feet.

I guess Seaborn Brick wouldn't count, right now she is at 6ft (Longer than
Terry Cruise's Titanic). And the dock I built for her, only reaches a little
way past the bow.
Right now I have $100.00 (ahhh Grandparents, so nice of them to give me money
instead of sweaters!) Wich is going to be spent on five 1000 piece buckets,
wich will give Seaborn Brick a more detailed interior (Maybe even a smaller
sister ship!).

Erin
--
Celine Brickon will be preforming tonight in Seaborn Bricks lounge,
she will be singing her new hit "My Heart Will Build On".

When do we see it??????????

I think Seaborn Brick is an old-style sailing ship; my impression is that we're
talking spacecraft here.  If we're talking "ships" generically, Indomitable was
(IIRC) a hair over 300 studs long:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/indomitable.html

For spacecraft, though, Marathon is still the largest one I've tackled
systematically, and it's only about 80-90 studs long:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/marathon.html

I'll probably stick somewhat close to that limit, if only because I like
"whoosh"ability.

best,

Lindsay