  *82783 (-20)
  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Why would they want to prevent it? Complete sets would almost certainly be cheaper than purchasing the parts directly, so there's not really an issue. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Actully, I think your last sentence captures the issue more than the first point. The problem with Paradisa isn't that it was marketed for girls. The problem is that it was a weird pink and has strange architectural stuff going on. I think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is just funny.

(...) WOW, it looks like the old 700e baseplate (10x20) used since the 1950's, which I haven't seen around in a long time. The white plate shown here was discontinued in the late 70's or early 80's (along with the gray one). The yellow, green, red (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an AFOL request list

(...) Jonathan, I really don't want someone speaking for me about "what I want". Now, I realize that your list is based on many valuable hours of Lugnet reading and research, and that the issues you covered are going to be ones that come up again (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) [Snip] Now that I have had a day or so to mull over what I would like to say here it is... Open Letter to Brad, TLC and the LEGO Direct Staff Many of the posts and letters from AFOLs and others that you will see have requests for solutions to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) I do not know where you are from so I can't make any assumptions based on your market but in the US you almost never see either Belville or Scala in stores and usually when you do see it its in a specialty store (in my experiance anyway). I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new piece idea

(...) I think also that TLC should make new town windows. Between 1957-77, TLC made 9 different window types. Today we have the 2x2, the 4x3 and a few large 4x5, 4x6 etc windows, but not the variety of the classic era. I woundn't mind if they (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new groups idea

(...) And I third the motion, but for very selfish reasons. That is because I don't like minifigs. I build only in the classic (HO) scale, where minifigs have no function. Eliminating minifig discussions from lugnet.general sounds great to me! Gary (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Oj, vad billigt!

Jag har dragit mig för att köpa en till 3040, jag tyckte den var "för dyr". MEn när jag jämförde priserna i katalogen, såg jag att "MC-transporten" kostade 99. Vad får man i den? Öh, två gubbar, en MC, fyra hjul och 40 plattor? 3040 kostar 75 i (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: legOS applications

(...) Yes, that's exactly how it works. Markus. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lugnet.com/lsahs?

Is LUGNet still maintaining their S@H Phone Specials page, or do I have to get up and walk All THE WAY over to the phone? (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.service)

  Re: Holiday Special From the Nugator Company

(...) Is there a way just to see listings of what you have? All that I see is a search capability. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Training OmniRemote for RCX commands

(...) I see. So OmniRemote isn't generic enough to handle all codes from any IR device? I guess that would create a lot of overhead that the developer of OmniRemote doesn't need to get involved with, if they just want to remain in the context of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Re: WTB: White train doors and windows

Well I just blew a deal because I didn't offer enough money for the parts (white train doors and windows) I wanted. So can someone tell me what I should expect to pay for these parts (or better yet what I should give as a reasonable offer). I have (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Dremel on plastic?

(...) YES. I have a Dremel too and with it's tools you can do such things very good. You can make surfaces very smooth so it looks like it's made in this form. I recently have made a "empty" 2x4 brick so the electric for a homemade sensor fits in (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Training OmniRemote for RCX commands

(...) OK. (...) Yes, I do. That's going to be my next step. (...) OK. Thanks for the appropriate re-direction. No sense wasting time figuring out another protocol just yet if it doesn't even come into play. (...) I'm working on a layout to publish (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Re: Reklam för lugnet.loc.se?

Jag hade tänkt att skicka det på engelska, men jag har också insett att det inte är någon bra idé. Det tyckte jag inte från början heller... --Tobias Jacob Sparre Andersen skrev i meddelandet ... (...) hittat (...) lugnet.cad) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.fi)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

Shiri: (...) You can create a hollow effect with other bricks (but you might need a bit more than two pieces :-) (...) I don't really mind the raised base plates because they are a nice cheap solution for building mountains. I have a strong dislike (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Re: Compass Sensors

David Paule <dpaule@diac.com> wrote in message news:FMLoHM.DE6@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, Michael Nielsen (URL) had plans for one. (His link didn't seem to be working as I post this.) This sensor only had something like 30 degrees of resolution. I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Looking for track

(...) S@H US is out of 4555. Note that I was responding to Tom mentioning that he was going to ask about 4555 when he asked about the US S@H specials. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact