  *81077 (-20)
  Re: My thoughts on Dino Island

Surely someone has something to say. Bruce, Joseph, Craig, Steve.....where are all the adventurers? Richard, Lindsay, Mike, Ed.....you guys? Hey you guys, this isn't funny anymore. Where is everyone? It's gettin' kinda creepy here on Dino Island all (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Two or more RCX:s?

Hi I want two or more RCX to commnicate with each others so they can follow, play etc. How do I do that simple?, I don't need to have them fully AUTO //Henrik (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rubber band power

(...) never got it to actually work. :-( Perhaps I didn't take enough care to let the axles spin freely? Fredrik (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Alternate 8888?

I've never noticed this before. This picture of the 8888 idea book seems to have a different cover than the "standard" one. Has anyone ever seen one like this, or was this a prerelease photograph? (URL) in the upper right-hand corner of the scan) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4561 sale at kbkids

thanks for that info! I was resisiting when i could get it for $88, but also, since i was a first time buyer at toysmart, i got an extra $10 off, got 4561 for $72.79, nice. :) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: rubber band power

(...) The LEGO technic ideabook 8888 (pages 67-69) has one in it. I never tried it, but it looks ok. Look at: (URL) the building instructions. -Frank (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: rubber band power

(...) It's not on brickshelf because it was released in 1997, thus hasn't passed the 2 year rule yet. The rubber band wraps around an axle, which has a gear attached to it. There is another gear on the drive axle. Between these two gears is a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) Upon further review, it seems that I was completely wrong. The P-51A and B had 3 blade props, and the D and above had 4 blade props. Yeesh. And I call myself an aviation buff? Adrian (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Proof of TLG's Concern for AFOL?

Dear ?: Does anyone have any proof at all that TLG does anything more in depth as regards AFOL than merely read Lugnet or RTL? I mean, I could see them doing that much to get good ideas for future sets if nothing else, sort of a real world R&D lab (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: rubber band power

(...) Sorry, I don't have a scan of the instructions. The design is very simple, but still very well done. The rubber band basically drives the rear wheels. But imagine connecting the rubber band-driven spool directly to the rear axle: When the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ninja Doors?

(...) All right then. Is there one in the works anywhere? Dave! (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

Actually, the P-51D used a 4-blade prop. --Jack Gregory Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:FMH9E9.70I@lugnet.com... (...) can (...) to (...) section. (...) actually (...) than (...) project. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: rubber band power

I've seen the picture of the Blast-off Dragster 8205, but the connection mechanism between the long rubber band and the wheels is not obvious, at least to me. Is there a scan of the instructions for this one available? Its not on Brickshelf. Its (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  White parts, plain bricks

Mark, When digging around for some other parts, I found 4 white 2x3 rounded edge bricks. You can borrow them if you wish, but I will definitely want them back. I can dig around in all my stuff this weekend (gotta sort out all those ziplocs from (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Hooray!

The list is back up! What a thrill to see my Lego Robotics folder (I'm auto-sorting my e-mail) with gobs of new messages again. I've missed you all ... --Doug Wilcox WordSmith Digital Document Services 403 VFW Drive Rockland, MA 02370 781-871-6162 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) I had considered building a propellor, but decided that after I had done a couple, I didn't like the way they looked. The 3 blade propellor is actually inaccurate. The real P-51 has a 2 blade propellor, and it's much larger than the one shown, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) Thanks for the compliments. I had taken a bunch of pictures, and I couldn't figure out how best to organize them, so I just basically told a story of how the parts all fit together, and threw in pictures where it seemed necessary. I had to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2D positioning ???

(...) I plan to try this myself once I test the robot controllers in simulation. In "Reactive Visual Control of Multiple Non-Holonomic Robotics Agents," the CMU team says that they use a frame grabber with frame rate transfer from a 3CCD camera. A (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) Fitting the transmission into the tail of the plane was an extreme challenge. It took more time to do that than to build the rest of the thing combined. I'm very happy with the results. (...) My wife said I should've had a bunch of FBI guys (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Throwbot visor fits Technic helmet

"Daniel van der Graaf" <danielvdgraaf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FMG6M3.C3t@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) combo. Yes. In fact, they are the same part. You can also obtain black visors in some of the Cyberslam sets. I think the grey visor is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

Skipped 2 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact