 Technic / 387
Re: rubber band power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:02:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rick Kirkwood writes:
I've seen the picture of the Blast-off Dragster 8205, but the connection
mechanism between the long rubber band and the wheels is not obvious, at
least to me.  Is there a scan of the instructions for this one available?
Its not on Brickshelf. Its probably so simple, no one bothered do a scan of
a little set like this.  Any other sets use rubber band motors?  Thanks for
your responses.

Rick

It's not on brickshelf because it was released in 1997, thus hasn't passed the
2 year rule yet.  The rubber band wraps around an axle, which has a gear
attached to it.  There is another gear on the drive axle.  Between these two
gears is a floating arm with another gear on the end.  When the rubber band
axle is spinning faster than the drive wheels, the gear is enabled and the
rubber band spins the drive wheels.  When the drive wheels are moving faster
than the rubber band wheel, the gear disengages so that the drive wheels can
spin freely.  It's a really slick and simple implementation.

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html