 Technic / 376
Re: rubber band power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:26:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rick Kirkwood writes:
Does anyone have a good design for powering a vehicle with rubber band
power.  I've played around with several ideas but results were
disappointing.  Doesn't seem like it should be so hard, but mine only go a
few feet.  Any help or references would be most appreciated.

I played about with that idea too.. I created a gear rack years ago that
geared up to silly proportions using large and medium gears, although it did
twist a few axles. However, I tied a few rubber bands together, added some
wheels and bingo - it went about 12 feet.

My friend had a more basic design which relied on lots of rubber band length
and no gearing and his went further, even though mine was faster!

Sorry I can't really help, although I would recommend inviting a friend over
and competing using equal rubber band length, as it was great fun :)

Richard