  *79777 (-20)
  Re: FIRST Lego Leage competition at MSI Chicago

FIRST appears to be an excellent program from what I've seen. I'd sure like to see the kids in action instead of just photos of their robot competitions. Parallax (the makers of the BASIC Stamp) have recently started providing support for FIRST. See (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I am DYING to know how this particular order item is going to be fulfilled

Out of curiosity, why didn't you address it to Vancouver, WA, USA instead? It would seem more logical-- the people at that post office are probably used to getting misdirected mail meant for up north (and if you could get it to go to Vancouver, BC, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Less than a week

I know you don't need reminding, but I'm going to anyway :-) The Northwestfest will be taking place next Saturday at my place. There's gonna be LEGO. There's gonna be cake. There's gonna be fun. If you have any specific wants or needs, let me know, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

No problem James, we've all been pretty busy lately, I did get an update from Dan a a week or so back, I believe I've got that one online already.. or que'd to go with the next update. I'll try to remember to put a strike through Dave, it's easier (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) I know but who fueled it? What really annoys me is that I don't want to be anti-American but the way they blow things out of proportion is silly, the bottom line of The Entertainer story was, they made a mistake, we tried to capitalize, they (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  FIRST Lego Leage competition at MSI Chicago

I just returned from the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago where they held the Illinois state FIRST Lego League Mindstorms competition. FIRST is an organization that uses Lego Mindstorms to help prommote kids pursuing careers in engineering (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) Is there a website for this or should I just create a short intro page with your e-mail address on it? Care to write the intro? Carbon 60 (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Wheat Thins vs. LEGO

:-) LOL You're right. Now that I've had some protein, I'm able to overcome my LEGO delusions. :-) A while back someone mentioned cookie tins that come with LEGO. Has anyone seen this in a USA store? (...) to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Exclusionary Themes

(...) What is wrong with prejudice? :-D It's discrimination which is far worse. (...) I know and I hate it. (...) Hopefully not, as long as they don't keep creating pointless morality debates here - putting them in the proper newsgroups. I know a UK (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 8480 for $330 ?!

Zany-Brainy is having a sale beginning tomorrow (12-5-99) and this set is $74.99. They let me take one home for that price today since they had them on the floor already. Brian (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: #About set 4532 and 4539 from DYA

Dave Stiles wrote: <snip> (...) Puddles frozen??? We still have fresh puddles in South Eastern Wisconsin! It's been raining for the last 2 days now.. Dec 4th.. and still NO trace of snow!!!...!!! Plus.. it was 52 Degrees today!!! I'm not complaining (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Update: Scott Sanburn's Auction: Update 3 Sets 7150 & 7171

To All; I have posted several parts lots to E-Bay for my roommate Tony. He has a few extra sets he wants to sell off, so he wants to post all the parts on E-bay of the 7171 Mos Espa Podrace. Since he does not have access to a credit card, I get to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Tuesday Morning (Dallas Area)

(I cross-posted this to Market.B-S-T so that any of you *not* in the DFW area who might want some of these sets can mail me and i'll pick them up for you) Today I hit 4 Tuesday Morning stores in the North Dallas area Set, price and quantity is (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Any interest in Duplo set 2266?

Is there any interest in duplo set 2266 "Extra Large Value Bucket" from 1997? I have access to a number of these if anyone is in need of the sets and/or pieces from them. Let me know. Troy (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

I agree 100%. Go with the new. Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-041299143...act.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

Hey all, I just recently came out of my "dark age" and have busted out all my old LEGOs and started playing and building with them(along with some new small aquisitions). I've also started using some (mostly minifigs) instead of lead/pewter (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: help - part number wanted

(...) That's what lugnet.db.inv is for: posting inventories. Steve (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.inv)

  For Sale or Trade: NIB Imation 120GB tape back system

Greetings Fellow Lego Fans! Before I put this Item on EBay , I thought I would offer to those Lego fans that manage servers , have tons of pictures, or simply have a need for up to 120GB of Tape Backup storage. The Item is an Imation Tape Library (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: strange TS-53 servo problem

Hi ... It sounds as though you are obtaing the power for your servo from the HandyBoard's motor output pins ... and if so, this is the source of your problem. The HB does NOT control motor speed by varying the DC level ... it uses PWM to reduce the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re:Re:Where are the carriers?

Hello, people. I'm the boy who wrote "Where are the carriers?" in the first place. I just wanted everyone to know about a new and effective building method that solves many problems that are associated with massive starships (battlecruisers, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact