  *67505 (-20)
  Re: Kevin Loch's pictures from Mindfest.

(...) I won't take that personally :) I think we've been spoiled by Matt's 1600x1280 digital camera. KL (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some disturbing news

The biggest hope I hold out is that the model railroading hobby takes to LEGO trains seriously and in a big way. This is a hobby which has manufacturers capable of meeting or exceeding TLG's quality of manufacture, and know that if they put out (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1592 Town Square

(...) Don't forget that there is a *car* and a statue that has the date 1892 on it! Many European cities still have castles and the old town walls from the middle ages, and I always thought this set represented that. Jeff "I've had enough. I will (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  RE: Pneumatics and the RCX -how?

There are other models of pneumatic LEGO hexapods on the web already that use linkage for the foward/reverse motion as well as a single large cylinder for each legs vertical motion. (2 URLs) a couple nice examples which inspired me to build this (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What do you do with your lego?

(...) Speaking personally, I'm not that creative and I don't get that much time to create stuff; I've got a lot of large models that I find much more relaxing to build (I like following the pretty instructions!) OTOH, a colleague at work has just (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lugnet Roll-call

I never did this on RTL... Name: John DiRienzo Gender: Male Year of Birth: 1974 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14-16 Location: Saint Louis, USA E-mail Address: ig88888888@stlnet.com or IG88888888@aol.com LEGO/home page URL(s): (URL) Status: (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.people)

  Kevin Loch's pictures from Mindfest.

I just wanted to make sure that those of you that don't follow the lugnet.org group saw that Kevin Loch has posted his pictures from Mindfest on his site. There are some great pictures here even though they are a little small. (URL) is Kevin's (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Star Wars Legos (aka The cure for the Dark Ages)

(...) When I heard that Lego was finally issuing a Star Wars line (which I had been dreaming of since 1978), I lost all self-control and bought assorted Knights, Robin Hood, and Indiana Jones sets to supplement the only legos I had, a mint-box 6080 (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Microfig-scale heavy melee mech (Was: Microfig-scale heavy worker mech)  [DAT]

Hey y'all, Here's a military version of the model I posted yesterday. Upgrades include a YBBG (1) in the right claw, jump jets on the back, and anti-personnel machine guns mounted on the shoulders. A name, it needs a name...! LMK! Cheers, - jsproat (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Some disturbing news

(...) Not to condone juniorization, but I think a little bit of it may be a good thing. Of course, I think it's terrible to juniorize a whole theme (or range of themes!) across the board, but since every kid is different, some kids probably do (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: RCX with AC power - Still Available

James C. Jones <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:v01540b02b43b87...121.26]... (...) Yea, but they want something like $150 compared to $200 for a RCX and a whole lot of parts with the RIS. (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Diana's train auction, update 8

Welcome to Diana's train auction. Updates are emailed to all bidders and anybody requesting to be on the mailing list. set condition varies. n = new in box. b = used with box and instructions. u = used with instructions but without the box. s = see (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Some disturbing news

(...) Well, except Star Wars -- but kids probably wanted that too. Do you mean things which adults wanted but which kids didn't necessarily want? Yeah, hmmm, I can't think of any wishes-come-true either -- certainly not in Castle or Town, to say the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

I won't use MegaBlocks. But if some HOBBYIST produces parts I want, and does it in a way that is non infringing of TLG intellectual property, just tell me where to send my money. I'd rather buy them from TLG. But... (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: something nelug could do

(...) Yeah, I'm tempted to agree. If we want to set up a meeting, we should have a specific purpose to the meeting other than just to say "hey, we're here!" Perhaps if we want to set up a grandiose-type event and want their input, we could get a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Star Wars Legos (aka The cure for the Dark Ages)

Ok, I am new to Lugnet and have a few questions as far as general topics. Can anyone suggest where I can go to post them? I am back into the childhood bliss of Lego after about a 10 year absence, thanks to the new Star Wars sets this spring, but (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  1592 Town Square

Just wondering - How many 'castle' people consider the 1592 Town Square set part of the castle theme. Don't get me wrong the knights are very cool, but I've always had trouble considering this to be a castle set. The British flag, the fish and chips (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NELUG - Some things we learned while presenting at Mindfest

Good advice. One of the kids, when asked about why he persisted in touching stuff when I had asked him not to replied: "Well, my dad is very important around here so it's OK" Presumably he was some professor of education... you connect the dots. :-) (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.general)

  RCX Mower (was RCX with AC power - Still Available)

You wouldn't necessarily have to map the lawn. Just let it go around randomly. A purely random algorithm would have a tendency to miss corners, though. You could do something random, but add a bias of some kind to help it get the corners of your (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More Mindfest Tidbits

(...) Or those of us not in the US who bid on anything. I just recently got a lot off eBay that from 'cheque sent' to 'lot received' took over 2 months, shipped air-mail. The turn-around time at the sellers end was 2 days. I frequently get huge (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 3 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact