 General / 9046
Re: More Mindfest Tidbits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:

James Brown wrote:

<snip>

I'll pay shipping costs, no problem.  I will also quite happily wait for
overseas shipping.
I think very few AFOLs will have any problem with a 'pay and wait' policy,
because we're generally quite used to that in the second hand market.

Those of us who bid on AucZILLA;-) <runs>

Or those of us not in the US who bid on anything.  I just recently got a lot
off eBay that from 'cheque sent' to 'lot received' took over 2 months, shipped
air-mail.  The turn-around time at the sellers end was 2 days.

I frequently get huge delays in packages as they get stopped at customs.  It's
stunningly irritating to deal with an imposed payment I have no say in.  It's
almost enough to make me want to go Libertarian. <my turn to duck & run>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/