 Trains / 8794
Re: Info on GMLTC Style Honeycomb structure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:10:30 GMT

I believe from my memory that I can build four 30"x45" modules with about
200 of the blue tubs.  It would build 3 normal modules and one 2x4/2x6
hybrid module.  The hybrid would use 2x4 for the walls and 2x2 for the
towers, but use 2x6 for the lattice grids and tops.

Your mileage may vary.

Mike

Toll, Kim <kim.toll@intel.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Kim Toll writes:
In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:
My bad.  The detail pictures are not in the standards page.

http://www.sirius.com/~latha/lego/modules/standards.htm

Choose lattice.jpg to see the lattice structure up close and overview to • see
several modules in progress.  I thought I had better pictures than • these,
but my memory fails me now.  I had to take a 4 month hiatus from Lego • for
the nut harvest and am just getting back into the swing.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
You have a couple of daunting looking pictures you have up there :\

Uh, I meant...You have a couple of daunting looking picutures up there! :\
Kim

So how many 3033 tubs does it take you to do, say a 40"x60" module?  Just
the 22 brick high build-up, not all the structures & scenery on top of • it?
I'm trying to approximate how many bricks its going to take me to do
something like this and I'd appreciate your empirical data.  All my data • is
based on paper calculations, which, though it bears some resemblance to
reality, is generally not as accurate as real life experience.

Thanks,
Kim